Official Dinner Thread for Wednesday the 2nd ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Seasoned pan roasted chicken thighs, Spanish rice and broiled zucchini.

B33E8F5E-0FDF-4C5E-91F7-B8C6DF155329_1_105_c.jpg

Himself has leftover fish and chips from dinner last night, so I reheated some of Monday's leftover pork tenderloin. I steamed fresh broccoli and cut up a tomato... mostly for color.

IMG_20220202_203530510_HDR.jpg

Add some "wash-yer-sister-sauce" to those tomatoes, and then it's a side dish, CG.

My wife knew that I was exhausted after the past few days of work, plus doc appointmemts for 3 days straight, so she tortured me with the aromas of chicken parm and a side of gemelli while I tried to sleep.

Mean ol' swamp witch.

She was redeemed by making a lot extra for me to take to work.

Crisis averted.

The hubster was having postdrome from the migraine yesterday. I asked if he would like chicken soup for supper and that was just the ticket. So, I made some broth using Better Than Bouillon chicken stock. When it came to a boil, I added some frozen, diced carrots. I chopped a bit of celery and added that and let it simmer while I sliced up so scallion greens. When the carrots were done enough for us, I added some rice left from yesterday's shawarma platter and then added the scallion greens. I should have added some chopped parsley, but I didn't have the spare spoons to deal with chopping parsley. Oh yeah, chicken. I chopped up the last of the chicken left from the jægerkylling / hunter's chicken and separated the white meat from the dark meat. DH doesn't really like dark meat and I do. I nuked it and set it on the table so we could each add as much of the kind of chicken we like.

That worked really well. We had some Khorasan wheat (Kamut) bread to go with that.

Pulled a frozen enchilada dinner (sides of rice and beans) from the freezer, freshened it with a quickly made sauce, added some fresh cheese and reheated everything. Toasted a few tortillas to go with it and called it all dinner.

Butterscotch pudding was dessert.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom