Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TB has returned to computer programming after 10 years away from it. It is just a hobby right now, but he is writing a program for his driving job and tonight he was working on a key part. Sometimes if he gets too intense he forgets to back up regularly. The program does periodic backups but you never know when it did the last one.

Anyway, Monkey was snooping around the office and turned off the UPS (uninterruptable power source). Obviously it can be interrupted if someone steps on the switch. Thankfully there was an autosave a couple of minutes before the incident or we might be missing a cat. :ermm:

Also, Violet hates the high pitch sound of the UPS so I had to run and get her Thundershirt and put it on her, then cuddle with her on the bed.

It's funny - 10 minutes after the thing happened, Monkey is on TB's lap and he is scratching behind her ears. He wouldn't really through her out! :LOL:

Do those thundershirts work? When we first got Pupper he was 5 years old. On the 4th of July we were sitting out on the porch watching the fireworks down the road. When we came in, we couldn't find him anywhere. Finally I found him. He had crawled behind my computer desk and had gotten himself all tangled up in the wires. He was stuck and we couldn't get him out. Finally, we just pulled all the wires out of the back of the computer to get him out. Now we have it blocked off so he can't get back there.

Yup, Corgis and I add Siamese Cats...

I've always thought that if there's such a thing as reincarnation I would like to come back as a Siamese cat.

They can be as naughty as they want and their owners just coo: Oh, isn't that SO like a Siamese? and then cuddle them (if they can, because Siamese don't allow cuddling unless it's their idea!)

Do those thundershirts work?

It sure works for Violet. When she gets scared (thunder, UPS's, firecrackers, any loud or shrill noise) I bring it out and she just stands there while I put it on. Then we have a cuddle on the bed and she stays there and goes to sleep. Without the shirt, she would be anxious for hours after.

We started her with it the way they recommended. We folded it up and put some treats on it. Then, when she was calm, I put it on. But I am constantly "dressing her up" in t-shirts and stuff and she is so patient. Then, the first time we had thunder, I put it on and she seemed to really enjoy it. Now, it is just the norm to put it on when something bothers her.

But I agree with Pac, it will work with some and not others. We just got lucky.

One year we thought we would take Pupper outside with us and hold him. First pop, he was in the house. Now DH leaves him in the house with a radio blaring.

I knew and lived with a German Shorthaired Pointer for a while. Best darn Pointer for hunting. Although I'm not fond of hunting, I can appreciate a dog doing what it's best at.

At the gun range he would sleep calmly while guns of all types were going off around him.

Let the tiniest roll of thunder sound way in the distance---- he became a quivering mass of dog, sitting on laps, huddled under the covers. Poor thing; I felt so sorry for him.

When he died his ashes were scattered over the gun range at the 200 line, a fitting place for him.

I've always thought that if there's such a thing as reincarnation I would like to come back as a Siamese cat.

They can be as naughty as they want and their owners just coo: Oh, isn't that SO like a Siamese? and then cuddle them (if they can, because Siamese don't allow cuddling unless it's their idea!)

Yeah, I've been stiff pawed many times. Every once in a while I can pick Latté up and she welcomes it as long as I stand still and let her down within 30 seconds.

Meanwhile, our mutt of a cat rubs your ankle if you aren't headed to your chair fast enough. I can almost see her tapping her foot as I try to get myself settled in so that I'm comfortable when she hops up on me. After all, it's all about HER comfort! :LOL: Some nights I have to push her off after a couple hours because my legs have fallen asleep.

Siamese cats invented the phrase It's All About Me.

Remember this?

Oh yes! My Aunt had Siamese that were horrible cats. It wasn't until I got Latté that I appreciated Siamese cats...mostly because they are not people cats, they are a person cat. And I am Latté's person...it's taken her almost 5 years (since he retired) to allow Shrek to pet and scritch her.

charles-barsotti-the-bidding-will-start-at-eleven-million-dollars-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

I have two cats that are all that. They own the house or so they think. Mitts and Spankie really feel like they have the rights to anything in the house.

Say, cat folk -- need some advice here, please. One of my kitties has had a very stuffy nose for several days now. Short of a vet, what can I do at home to help relieve it? I suspected an allergic reaction to some new dry food, but that's been gone for 5 or 6 feedings with no improvement. He seems to feel OK -- eating & litterbox use fine. Thanks for any suggestions.

Springtime allergies? How is the humidity this time of year in Florida?

I have 2 coughing kitties right now, but I suspect it's a change in the litter I was buying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom