Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Such beautiful kitties....I love the "inbox cat"!

Bill the Cat is hilarious - I forgot about him until now! :LOL:

My daughter has a sweet black and white Scottish fold named Beau. He's about 10 years old now, and had an interesting adventure 4 years ago. Soon after my daughter brought home my newborn grandson, Beau freaked out from the baby crying and bolted out the door when they were bringing in groceries. Daughter was devastated, posted a pic of Beau and her phone number, and stapled the pics on poles, fences, anywhere she could. They live in a large city, and she finally gave up hope of finding him.

3 months later, a very nice man called my daughter at 10PM and said he thought he saw Beau in his backyard. She went over there with his kitty treats and his carrier, not very hopeful. It did turn out to be Beau after all! Skinny, ragged, and scared, but Beau. :) The cat had crossed 8 lanes of busy Magic Mountain Parkway in Valencia and managed to survive. He doesn't go near the doors anymore. :)

It did turn out to be Beau after all! Skinny, ragged, and scared, but Beau. :) The cat had crossed 8 lanes of busy Magic Mountain Parkway in Valencia and managed to survive. He doesn't go near the doors anymore. :)

That's wonderful----and sounds like a smaller version of Homeward Bound, which made me cry. (I cry in animal movies but rarely cry when humans get hurt/lost etc. My bad.)

That's wonderful----and sounds like a smaller version of Homeward Bound, which made me cry. (I cry in animal movies but rarely cry when humans get hurt/lost etc. My bad.)

Emotions get the better of me, animal or human. Happy or sad can make me tear up.

When I had a cat I found he wouldn't seek anywhere. He would puke wherever he happened to be.

If it's the middle of the night, with no one around, they will target a place they are sure I will be walking in my bare feet. I had one of them, I'm never sure which one, spit a hairball right into my slipper!

Last edited:
If it's the middle of the night, with no one around, they will target a place they are sure I will be walking in my bare feet. I had one of them, I'm never sure which one, spit a hairball right into my slipper!

Another reason I adore dogs. If they have to go, they tell you, they don't hide it. If they have to hork, they will do it right in front of you if you don't quite get their drift.

Ms Drama, sitting on my feet to subtly remind me that we are nearly THREE MINUTES LATE leaving for our last walk of the day!

20140405_212430.jpg

Ms Drama, sitting on my feet to subtly remind me that we are nearly THREE MINUTES LATE leaving for our last walk of the day!

Aww, sweetness!

Beagle keeps trying to bump food time back in 5 minute increments. She does not understand that no food comes until 3:30. Oh, OK, 3:20.

Somebody got trained here.

I'm so glad I am not home most of the time when the cats start whining at Shrek for their dinner. It used to be 4:30 PM, he's given in so many times it is now 3'30 PM...they start at 2:30...

Emotions get the better of me, animal or human. Happy or sad can make me tear up.

Oh my gosh, me too. If anyone cries in my presence, so do I. It doesn't have to even be in front of me, come to think of it. I've had happy and sad tears on occasion just from reading this forum. :huh:

Cave, thank you for your comment on little Beau cat. :)

Cave, thank you for your comment on little Beau cat. :)

“We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”
― Henry Beston

Oh sweet Beau!

I always cry also. I have to leave my poor cats behind when I go back home, but they will be with Gwen. I am taking Azia with me this time.

After this, I'm taking all 3 of them. I'm already so upset. As you saw in my post of changes, later on I will take my cats also.

With love,
~Cat

I'm worried about Shreddy. He has gotten very, very fussy about food. He asks for food and then eats a mouthful or looks at and at me and walks away. Yesterday he hardly ate anything. He was walking around without having his tail in the air. He also has the foulest belches one could imagine. He seems a little better today. He ate the leftover food overnight and has his tail back up.

I phoned the vet for an appointment yesterday. I guess they were closed for Easter Monday. I left a message.

Tax, You said your cat belched. Perhaps the reason for his tail being down (and now up) was a gastric problem that didn't involve the nether end but the upper end. Maybe the belches got rid of the gas that made your kitty feel bad.

But it's a good thing you'll be seeing the vet just to set your mind at ease.

I'm not sure if belch is quite the right word. He does this funny chewing thing and then the foul air appears. It's been getting worse for about two weeks, maybe a little longer. I think there may be some gastric upset. The foul smell isn't all the time, but often. Yeah, I will be anxious at least until we have seen the vet. Appointment at 15h40 today. Stirling is coming with me. It's in town, so the drive will probably be a half hour or more and then I will have to find parking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom