Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry, Linda. I know how difficult it is to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Shreddy knows you loved him and took great care of him. Lots of love for you and Stirling {{{{{hugs}}}}}

The vet left about 20 minutes ago. Shreddy is no longer in pain. We are going to miss him a lot. He was a sweetheart.

Taxy my heart goes out to you and Stirling. I know the how the loss of a furbaby can hurt. I am so glad he was at home and now is no longer suffering. Big hugs to you. RIP Shreddy - you were very much loved and will be very much missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda and Stirling, I'm so sorry they you had to say goodbye to Shreddy today. You are in my heart today and I shall lift a toast to your sweet pet when I get home from work. Rest in Peace dear Shreddy there will be many friends waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry Taxy....that must have been so hard for you and Stirling. :( Hugs to you both. As others have said, you gave Shreddy a loving home for all of his years. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. :wub:

Linda, my heart just broke a little bit reading that Shreddy is gone. You did a great job as a hospice kitty nurse. A big hug each for you and Stirling. Remember the good times ~ it lessens the hurt.

I can understand very easily your love of Horse. We have wild mustangs here in the States. I love watching them run across the hills. Every year they have a roundup of them and certain ones are put up for adoption. Those that aren't adopted are sent back to be wild. Adoption is not that easy either. You have to prove that you own a ranch or farm for the horse and that the horse will not be used for rodeo or other purpose that will be harmful to the animal. Then once you get the animal home, the hard work begins. It is up to the new owner to break it and turn it into a horse that can be ridden.

All of the horse people I know prefer 'gentling' a horse than 'breaking' it.

img_1370081_0_69b25b9496569ad74408b12a442c5481.jpg

I think I figured out why Beagle has gotten so sick in recent months. She gets a CET HEX Strip (not from China) for her "cookie", has for years, as prescribed by the vet for teeth cleaning. She loves them so much that she chews them a couple times, then swallows them whole. In recent months, she's taken to eating grass, house plants, pillow fringe, and carpet licking, as her tummy's upset. I've cleaned up many horks, last time she even tried to eat an orchid. She was so sick at one time that she couldn't eat for a couple of weeks. We took her to the vet, they did x-rays and couldn't find any reason why she would do this. I've quit giving the CET strips to her, but she keeps pestering me as she loves her "cookies" so much. I gave her a tiny snip off a strip today, we'll see if she handles it.

Geeze...those chews have chlorhexidine and is not intended for ingestion in humans...I suppose it shouldn't be good for dogs, either. We can't use the oral rinse with our dementia patients because they end up swallowing it.

Back
Top Bottom