Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my meowers. if stuff can be broken- they'll break said item. if my food is unattended, said food disappears.
i'll find my dinner months thereafter, beneath some random item. if they wanna play with their stuffed toy at 4:00am, you're waking. they said so. & if they get hungry, you'll feed them at 5:00. despite that fact that they both already have food waiting-- they were too busy too look.

Hey, luvs! Great to see you! What have you been up to? Hope all is well :)

gotgarlic, hi, great to see you, too! i'm usually either w/ 1 of my pals, or cooking, or somewhere social. you~
things're well.
cooking goddess- thanks! &, yep. i love how they own us. we're not their owners. they let us think that, though.

This is a picture of Monkey - you actually don't see her, but if you trace the course of the brown leash you will see where she has been. She is totally content going outside on her leash. But you have to go out every 20 minutes or so and rescue her. For some reason she really likes my greenhouse! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• MonkeyBusiness.jpg
    MonkeyBusiness.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 181
Anybody want a Maltese? Cute little bugger, but a real pain in the butt! I'll send him UPS overnight!

My beloved Joie was part Maltese (Bichon Maltepoo to be exact). I know what you mean. I think he got the cuteness from all three and the obnoxiousness from all three as well. I'd take yours but I already have my limit of furry PIB's :LOL:

Parvo Virus Warning!

We are presently experiencing an epidemic of the Parvo Virus here in certain cities in Eastern Massachusetts. It is bad enough, that all the vets in this area have been donating their time and supplies while setting up free clinics for ALL dog owners. I hope this doesn't spread any further. And the cities and town affected are doing their best to capture any dogs running loose. I don't know much about this, but I do know it affects the dogs heart and if caught early enough, can be cured. Otherwise, the dog has to be put down.

So if you are planning a holiday or vacation trip to this state, please make sure your pet is properly immunized. Heads up every dog owner. :angel:

Teddy was very traumatized tonight. Spike was taking him for a walk and there was a cute little dog across the street. It was on a leash. It spotted Teddy and dashed across the street pulling the leash out of the owner's hand. A little boy. The dog ran right under an oncoming van. At first you could hear the dog yelping. Fortunately it came out the back unhurt. The driver did stop and the little kid almost ran out after him. The dog reached Teddy and Spike grabbed his leash. Poor Teddy. All the way walking back to my house Teddy would stop walking and start shaking and whimpering. Spike had to pick him up and calm him down. Spike would put him down and they would walk another block or so. Then he's get to shaking again. By the time they got here and he spotted my building, Spike said he couldn't run fast enough to get here into my apartment. He jumped up on my bed and burrowed under my blanket. When it came time for him to leave a few minutes later, he refused to jump down. Spike had to pick him up and carry him out the door. Poor baby. Spike thinks Teddy was having flashbacks from when he was hit by a vehicle. :angel:

Last edited:
I finally figured out why my little Maltese is howling. DH used to answer every phone call, even from telemarketers. I told him to stop doing that. When we see an unknown number on caller ID just let it go to voice mail. If it's important, they will leave a message. Well, little Pupper howls if the phone is ringing and we don't answer it. So this means he howls if it rings when we're not home. He's getting better at it. It just seems so funny to hear that sound out of such a little dog! If I knew when he was going to do it I'd like to get it on video.

I finally figured out why my little Maltese is howling. DH used to answer every phone call, even from telemarketers. I told him to stop doing that. When we see an unknown number on caller ID just let it go to voice mail. If it's important, they will leave a message. Well, little Pupper howls if the phone is ringing and we don't answer it. So this means he howls if it rings when we're not home. He's getting better at it. It just seems so funny to hear that sound out of such a little dog! If I knew when he was going to do it I'd like to get it on video.
Got a cell phone? Call your landline.

I think I have mentioned that Monkey wants to be an outdoor cat in the worst way and we let her out sometimes on a long lead that is just short enough to keep her from the fence and my garden! Well, occaisionally we forget her out there and she slips her harness and goes AWAL. Well, I let her out and forgot about her and had to lay down for a nap. There is shade and water out there, but it was very hot out. When I saw the screen door open I remembered her and went outside. Sure enough, she had tangled herself up very well and slipped the harness. I went in, around to the front door and started calling her name up the little green belt between our building and the next. I heard a meow, but it was coming from behind me...she had either come straight in or did a prowl and then come in. Either way, she got an extra treat and belly rub for that one! :)

Just love that Horse

Horse walks to heel (like a dog). When I bring him in from the field I put on his headcollar and throw the lead rope over his neck and he walks along beside me.

Tonight I got down to the field and found that his head collar and lead rope were not hanging in the tree as usual. Someone had borrowed it. Not in the mood for walking all the way back to the stable to borrow one, I just opened the gate and let him out and he walked along side me up the lane (private, no traffic). He tried to make a detour to a patch of clover by the side of the lane but a stern "Horse, no!" reminded him of what he was supposed to be doing.

We were joined by a new livery client and when we got to the stable yard we stopped to talk. Horse wanted his supper so I told to go into his stable and he took himself off into the barn and into his loose box where supper was waiting. The new livery client was absolutely gob-smacked (horrible english slang meaning "extremely surprised" ;)). Most of the clients and yard staff are used to Horse and quite often when they are bringing him in with several other horses will leave him loose to follow but this new lady said she'd never seen anything like it.

I was brought up to talk to horses which means they learn voice commands very quickly. "Walk nicely" is my command for him to walk at my pace - at my side if I'm on foot - and he knows "Stay" which is very useful when I have to wash mud off his legs as I don't have to hold the lead rope or tie him up. Once when I was out riding with a friend and her horse ditched her and ran off, I was able to get off and tell Horse to "stay" while I checked on her and caught her horse (she was OK and her horse looked very ashamed of himself)). Despite the fuss, my lovely Horse stood there and waited until all the excitement was over. I felt vindicated because when I was teaching him to "stay" someone had said very scathingly "What are you teaching him that for? He's a horse not a dog!".

Horse has always been easy to train because he has the attitude that it's really too much trouble to disobey - his motto seems to be "I could kill you if I wanted to but it's really far too much effort"! I love that Horse.

MC I just want to know, what name did you register him with? I just love everything about horses. I love the beauty of watching them gallop with mane and tail flowing. And to watch their muscles ripple, well what can I say. I think horses are one of the most beautiful animals on earth.

Now I stand only 4'8" tall. When I worked the fair, I would take a set of reins in each hand and bring back two, to the barn when they were unhitched. They were the Clydesdale horses. And they knew what they were supposed to and which stall was theirs. The owner took two and his wife took the last two. His wife hated handling them and they sensed it. Always gave her a hard time. Not me or the owner. If I wasn't busy with the kids, I would go into the barn and brush their feathers. I was never afraid of them kicking me. I loved those horses. :angel:

I was mugged by a dog today. Walking down the hall when I was attacked from the back, dog head up my shirt. She was looking for the bacon begging strip I had in my pocket and she hadn't seen me for about a month and a half. Tonks was all over me and I was thoroughly licked and loved for that strip. Her owner was embarrassed, but I thought it was funny, silly dog recognized me from the back!

Awww. She had good taste! And the rest of you smelled like Beggin Strips!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom