PPPC-II. It's baaaack...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Football.... this is the American version with a funny shaped ball?

(Proper football is of course played with a round ball and far less in the way of shoulder pads...) :rolleyes:

Loved the look of the fish with the avocado salad - hope it tasted as good as it looks and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next Pac! :)

This is a great idea by the way. But it definitely wouldn't work in Britain - it would be fish and chips or curry, pretty much every week! :LOL:

BOOOOOOO to the Panthers! They were in defeat to 12 - 7 from the Seattle Seahawks.

There is the Romanian word for the lousy losers of them but I will not say of it. It does have the similarity of the stinky things one does not wish to step into.

Your friend,
~Cat

OK, to get back OT, first up for my team's opponents were the Miami Dolphins....First up, Congri, or Cuban Red Beans and Rice......

That looks a lot like the Hoppin' John I've been meaning to make once the weather gets cool. And Mojitos? With the way our team played today those should have been the ONLY thing you were consuming during the second half.

Thanks Katy.
Next up Baltimore and I've got my dinner all picked out already.

First up, Congri, or Cuban Red Beans and Rice. I used this recipe
I will be eating this for weeks, but won't mind. It was delicious. Even if the picture wasn't (new camera).

Those folks have great recipes. Been a while, but, last time I made Congri, I used one of them Smithfield ham slices (They label it ham steak). Threw it on the grate over a good smoky fire afore cutting it up. I really like the flavor it gives to recipes such as this.

I used a Smith's smoked ham shank, Hoot. I will say though, the meat was rather salty, but the saltiness seemed to disappear and work with everything else.
I really should have halved the recipe, but wasn't sure how that would work with the shank. Probably not a big deal now that I've made it.

Those smoked ham hocks are good, but you're right..mighty salty. If you try using one of them ham steaks, be sure you use the one in the refrigerated section. Not sliced country ham; too salty, again.

Seein' as how my Redskins are playin' Philly tonight, we are gonna have Philly Cheese Steaks with a little twist. Gotta small pork loin almost done, gonna shred it, cook up some onions, bell peppers, got some pepper jack cheese and some good sharp cheddar. Sammiches with an ice cold adult beverage or two whilst we watch the game.

Ain't no doubt....I admire his poise and grace during the post game press conference, but he obviously needed some time to find his rhythm. Ain't no shame in that. Philly came out with all barrels blazing. I 'spect they will be a force to reckoned with this season.

We go to Green Bay next week.
Looking at a couple of recipes:
Green Bay Chili
And/Or
Butter Burgers

Any comments suggestions are appreciated as I am not familiar with these at all. Some say Cincinnati chili is comparable to Green Bay Chili, but looking at the recipe the similarities seem to be in the additions on the plate rather than the actual recipe.
What do y'all think?

I think Hoot, you provide a good challenge. Chiili John's is a hundred y/o Green Bay restaurant, which is pretty historic in itself. Their recipe looks good and would be a treat to make. I think if you make this, omit the spaghettie, which to me, says Cincinnati, and definitely include some cheese, preferrably Cheddar imported from Wisconsin. Wis. makes good cheese.

I have had steaks with maitre'd butter. I always wonder why they do this. I also wonder why we butter pancakes and french toast, since they are already fried in oil/ butter. BECAUSE BUTTER makes it BETTER. Almost as good as Bacon. If I were making these, I'd use some of that compound butter to butter the buns before toasting, instead of brushing w/ plain butter.

Well, I copied the butter burger recipe, so's I will remember it. It reminds of a Jucy Lucy, only with butter.

Suet? That's interesting, Hoot.
I made Cincinnati chili last year for one of the times we played the Bengals and it had a lot more ingredients than the one you listed for Green Bay. I don't recall any red pepper in it, but I'm pretty sure it had chocolate and cinnamon. At least the recipe I used. The GB chili looks different to me.

Whiskadoodle, Good idea on the compound butter on the rolls...I agree about the spaghetti as well.
Pacanis, Cincinnati chili certainly does have more ingredients.
The more I think on it, I might have to make a little of each. I 'spect I can come up with suet down at the local grocery. The meat cutter is a pretty good guy.

I know I'll be making Cincie chili in a couple weeks again. And Green Bay is on the Brown's list this year, too. Last year I made to Chilis, the Cincinnati and Texas redeye. I haven't looked into Green Bay this year yet. I may just pick up a 12 pack of Old Milwaukee :LOL:

One can never have too much butter or garlic. But the garlic butter.......

You put a pat of the garlic butter in the middle of the patty. It seems to me that the garlic wouldn't have enough time to cook. The butter will melt and make for a juicy burger, but the garlic would be stuck there in the middle and not fully softened and cooked. Raw garlic is rather strong, wouldn't you agree?

I always put a pat of just butter in the middle of a burger. Highly recommended. Not so sure about the raw garlic though. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom