Rescued Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you thought of placing an ad in the newspaper stating she has had all her vet needs taken care of? Once someone knows that she will not be an additional expense, someone will take her. Just state that a family member is allergic to her and that she is a much loved family pet. Make her sound too appealing to resist. :)

Puss and Boots was hanging off the screen door when I arrived at the house in the city. Not really a rescue pet--I've kept her in the house, given her food, etc., and Monday she goes to see my friend who is a vet to be spayed/vaccinated/and whatever else is needed. I've contacted 3 cat rescues--they are full. Hopefully I can find this little girl a home. I am allergic to cats and the DH has a dog that is not cat friendly. I don't want her to be harmed. But isn't she cute?!?

Of course, she's a kitty! Good luck with finding her a home, too bad you can't keep her or I was closer so you could drop her off.

Having placed over 50 St. Bernards, I am partial to finding this little gal a home where she will be treasured and kept safe--I'd like her to be an indoor cat. PF--I could bring her to MN this summer!

Having placed over 50 St. Bernards, I am partial to finding this little gal a home where she will be treasured and kept safe--I'd like her to be an indoor cat. PF--I could bring her to MN this summer!

1184 Miles / 1906 Km to Minneapolis...have to think upon that one, when this summer? I have several classes at work to take and I can't mess with that schedule.

1184 Miles / 1906 Km to Minneapolis...have to think upon that one, when this summer? I have several classes at work to take and I can't mess with that schedule.
I'm thinking the last 2 weeks of July, but I'll be closer to MT than MPLS and could be convinced to make a road trip to Bismark. I'm sooooo stuffed up right now it isn't funny. But then, I probably should've been more of a hard-ass and not given in to her crying. I let her in the bedroom--my bad.

Anyone placing an ad for adoption absolutely should mention it in the ad if the pet is up-to-date on all its medical needs. I worked for a vet for a year or so, and paid Safe Haven $200 for our Rosebud. I considered it a bargain when I saw what she had: All her shots were up to date. She was chipped. She had Heartguard and Frontline up to date (happens to be the brands I choose). She was fixed so recently that her scar, very clean and neat, still was pink. These are things that I would have done immediately upon adopting. We do live in a small town (only 3 veterinary clinics, maybe a half-dozen vets), and my chosen vet knows the vet who had (voluntarily) done all the work. This made the $150 adoption fee seem way low, so we upped it.

Husband keeps saying, she's the last dog. I keep telling him, never say never or always.

A responsible rescue organization will make sure the pets placed are vacc'd, sterilized, and, hopefully chipped. We did thyroid tests, hw tests (dogs were on hw meds when placed during hw season), and whatever else needed to be done, in addition to the needles, sterilization, and chip implant. A friend who is a vet donated her services, but we still had to cover the cost of the meds, tests, etc. We also would take the dogs to an 8 wk. obedience class before placement and commitment by the adopters to do another class. I am still in touch with many of the adopters. One of my favorite Saints is coming to stay with me for 2 weeks in July.

I'm thinking the last 2 weeks of July, but I'll be closer to MT than MPLS and could be convinced to make a road trip to Bismark. I'm sooooo stuffed up right now it isn't funny. But then, I probably should've been more of a hard-ass and not given in to her crying. I let her in the bedroom--my bad.

They have our mandatory classes spread out over the three months and my schedule is at work, so I'll check it out on Tuesday. Going electronic is very easy, I don't know why they are making such a big deal out of it.

I can't ignore kitty crying, I always at least have to answer. Latté does it to tell me it's time to go to bed. And I already have indoor cats.

Bismark would be more doable, we could hit Mom's on the way, go through the Black Hills and then head to Bismark on the way home.

What have you been calling the kitty?

Homeless Kittens & Cats

Good Afternoon,

Very interesting & informative thread and feedback ...

Many many years ago, while the Vet and the Gals, stopped at a Petrol Station to fill up the gas tank; the Vet spotted a tiny 4 week old black kitten dragging a hind leg ... His heart went out, and he scooped up the poor little guy, Lucky Luciano and brought him into the car !

Well, having two of our own, also male, this was a bit complicated at least we thought ! Also, considering the mites, fleas, etcetra ...

Lucky Luciano was immediately taken in by Nathalia and Naia, and thus, Mom Margi had to go along with the scenario. Free Vet Care to boot !

Of course, my two four legged sons, pedigree British Shorthairs, were miffed to say least at that moment, however, within a few days, they were all like a group of kids in a ball park ... each having their own sleeping nook and cranny, it was a happy bunch ...

I eventually had to find a home for Lucky as we were moving to Europe, and I could only take the Brits ... It was just overwhelmingly too difficult with the three ... My dear friend Maria, took Lucky in ... and he got settled in with Max, her grown Himalayan who was just too happy to have a friend to play with.

My most recent anecdote, is about a Chef who is a Cat Whisperer, who I have met online aboard, another gastronomy forum. I have actually written an interview on him. If anyone is interested in adopting a kit kat or older cat and lives in the state of Florida, please drop me a PM.:)

Have a nice Sunday.
Margi.

Miss Kitty-cat is going to a local cat rescue group on Wednesday. I am of mixed emotions--if I weren't so allergic, she could be fun to have around. I know that there was room made for her because I had the vet work done. Hopefully, she will be adopted and be s/one's favorite kitty with whom to cuddle. PF, I don't know that I could handle being on benadryl until mid-late July. But I thank you for your offer from the bottom of my heart. She is a very special kitty-cat and I can only hope that the person who adopts her will realize that and treasure her. I've done my good deed for cats in 2012--2011 was to pick up that 3-week old kitten off the middle of the road and take it to kitten rescue--2010 was to trap a feral cat and get it sterilized. Can I sign off now as a person who helps cats? Have I done enough for stray cats? And, what is it about the City property that attracts them--could it be the "SUCKER" tattoo on my forehead?

Miss Kitty-cat is going to a local cat rescue group on Wednesday. I am of mixed emotions--if I weren't so allergic, she could be fun to have around. I know that there was room made for her because I had the vet work done. Hopefully, she will be adopted and be s/one's favorite kitty with whom to cuddle. PF, I don't know that I could handle being on benadryl until mid-late July. But I thank you for your offer from the bottom of my heart. She is a very special kitty-cat and I can only hope that the person who adopts her will realize that and treasure her. I've done my good deed for cats in 2012--2011 was to pick up that 3-week old kitten off the middle of the road and take it to kitten rescue--2010 was to trap a feral cat and get it sterilized. Can I sign off now as a person who helps cats? Have I done enough for stray cats? And, what is it about the City property that attracts them--could it be the "SUCKER" tattoo on my forehead?

Yes, you have a big stencil on your forehead that says,"cats stay away" so they are attracted to you!

It's okay, I really didn't think we could make it work having to wait so long anyway. You would have ended up keeping her if you had to keep her for several months.

That's so kind of you, CWS. You have more than given back! Animal lovers are a special breed.

Yes, you have a big stencil on your forehead that says,"cats stay away" so they are attracted to you!

It's okay, I really didn't think we could make it work having to wait so long anyway. You would have ended up keeping her if you had to keep her for several months.
Oh--PF, I would've made it happen! I have no problem driving Miss Jeanne (the Volvo) on road trips! I just might have run out of Benadryl. Now, how to get rid of the tattoo...

That's so kind of you, CWS. You have more than given back! Animal lovers are a special breed.
Yeah-yeah. I just hate to see companion animals "thrown away" and couldn't let "fate" take it's course. A few years ago, there was a stray cat on the property. I tried to trap it, could not. In the spring, when I went to mow the lawn, the poor thing was dead under my lawn tractor...had I tried harder to trap / entice it...

Oh--PF, I would've made it happen! I have no problem driving Miss Jeanne (the Volvo) on road trips! I just might have run out of Benadryl. Now, how to get rid of the tattoo...

The tattoo will come off with a bit of water, the Mothership doesn't believe in permanent defacement.

This is the little guy I rescued in the dead of winter:

image-1987446742.jpg

His new family had him neutered, named him Sylvester, and send me periodic photos and updates. He weighed 5 lb when I found him, and how he's up to a hefty 10 lb. So glad I grabbed him.

Skittle68 said:
This is the little guy I rescued in the dead of winter:

His new family had him neutered, named him Sylvester, and send me periodic photos and updates. He weighed 5 lb when I found him, and how he's up to a hefty 10 lb. So glad I grabbed him.

Beautiful cat. Sylvester becomes him!

I might have told this story before but the cat in my profile picture, my Chester Bug AKA Bug-a-mus, wasn't actually from a shelter but came to me after a nearby home fire. I was out in the yard which is a field when he walked right up to me, singed whiskers, spark Burns on his Kitty face, raised up to stand on his hind legs and stretched those Kitty arm paws up, meowed and stole my heart. I was going to take him to the vet on Monday and get his shots & have him cleaned up & ready for his owners to come & claim him, or give him up because I had more animals than I could afford to care for at the time, but by the time Monday rolled around (it was a weekend), I was in Kitty love. I never kept him inside in case his owners returned. I just couldn't believe someone wouldn't be looking for such a special animal. They never came back and I am so glad. He is the most humble, loyal and loving cat I have ever seen with not one bad habit. His favorite thing is to lay like a baby in my arms on his back snuggling. His fur has soaked up many tears from me. This cat was not Rescued. I was Rescued when he came into my life. Now he loves our little Chihuahua Cocoa like she was his daughter - snuggles her and gives her his Kitty style bath. I love this cat dearly . Irreplaceable. I will need therapy when he draws his last breath.

He now resides inside due to tendencies for urinary tract infection & Prescription cat food and needing lots of snuggle time myself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom