Rest in peace, Patty Duke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry to hear this. The first time I ever heard of her was when my Mom took me to see "The Miracle Worker" on Broadway in 1960, and I was three years older than Patty. We had third row center seats and we were blown away by her performance as the child Helen Keller. I'm sitting here with the memories of both my Mom, and now Patty. :cry::heart:

How lucky you were to be able to see her in The Miracle Worker on Broadway with your mom, Kay. I agree that she was outstanding as her role as Helen Keller. I imagine they're going to be showing the TV version again soon - I'll have to do a search, as I'd love to see it again.

What a fabulous actress she was from such a young age. She fought many demons in her lifetime.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty_Duke

Last edited:
Aw, that's sad news. I watched "The Patty Duke Show" religiously when I was a kid. I thought that being Patty Duke must have been the coolest thing ever. Life was so simple then.

Then I read her book "Call Me Anna" and suddenly thought that I was the one who lived a charmed life. I was pure child abuse to let her agents take her in and run her life. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that that was the normal thing back then with child actors.

I remember watching The Patty Duke Show sometimes on cable TV back in the early 1990's on Nick at Nite I believe. Talented actress, RIP.

patty-duke222.jpg

Last edited:
"But They're Cousins, Identical Cousins..."

Loved the Patty Duke show, and she was wonderful as Helen Keller. RIP.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom