Air layering rosemary brach, rooting in less than a month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
I've done this with my curry tree and lime tree before, and it's easy to do, and with this was was even faster than the others. I wanted to get another "backup plant" in a pot, as last winter, the outside plants had nearly died from an extremely cold snap, though it had survived the same temperature all 3 years previously. Eventually, I dug it all out (not enough was going to come back), and planted the "backup" potted plant I had up to that point, and it has taken off this summer. And I wanted another backup plant, so I air layered this one. The first stem I air layered died, but the second one rooted well, and I planted it in a 3 gal fabric pot, with some worm castings in the mix, with a generous amount of perlite, for drainage. I also moistened the surface of the soil mix with some Bt israelensis, to kill any fungus gnat larvae, that may appear. (I also have to do this with all the rest of my plants that will be brought in soon).
Air layered rosemary branch, cut away from the plant. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Air layered Hill-Hardy rosemary branch, planted in a 3 gallon fabric potter, 10-1-23 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom