I have a question about Toaster ovens with air fryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LogicalRon

Assistant Cook
I just bought my first Smart Oven® Air Fryer Pro made by Breville. It has a lot of presets like my Instant Pot does. The question I have is many things have instructions on how to cook it, temp and time. This smart oven for example, for most frozen pizzas the temp is 425 degrees for 15-18 minute. On the smart oven the preset is not even close to the instructions on the pizza box. I'm sure this same thing happens with other frozen foods and their directions compared to the smart oven presets.

Should I be overriding the preset with the directions on the frozen food boxes or does this oven cook faster thus the presets?

The manual doesn't go into too much except what each preset is for and different categories.

This is the oven I got

I just bought my first Smart Oven® Air Fryer Pro made by Breville. It has a lot of presets like my Instant Pot does. The question I have is many things have instructions on how to cook it, temp and time. This smart oven for example, for most frozen pizzas the temp is 425 degrees for 15-18 minute. On the smart oven the preset is not even close to the instructions on the pizza box. I'm sure this same thing happens with other frozen foods and their directions compared to the smart oven presets.

Should I be overriding the preset with the directions on the frozen food boxes or does this oven cook faster thus the presets?

The manual doesn't go into too much except what each preset is for and different categories.

This is the oven I got
If the preset is for the air fryer, which is a convection oven feature, then it will cook faster than in a regular toaster oven.

The presets on an Instant Pot are notoriously unreliable. I don’t know about your Smart Oven’s.

I don't have the Breville toaster/air fryer oven. I have the Cuisinart. It has many functions I never use and I have never used a pre-set before.
This post is more of a warning than anything else. My oven controls are so fidgety that I sometimes don't use it and instead use my regular range. It's very hard to set is what I mean.
If I could do it over I would not have purchased one with all these functions. I would have opted for a spring timer and temperature setting only.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom