Roasted Tomato Sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gretchen said:
I have made these "sun dried tomatoes" this way for a long time and they are delicious. But made a Martha roasted tomato sauce yesterday that is OUTstanding. Will post. VERY rich. VERY easy.

Well, anyway, can't pull it up. Slice one large onion and spread on a baking sheet. Add 7 cloves garlic, crushed under a knife blade, 8 oz. sliced mushrooms and 3 1/2# tomatoes, thickly sliced. Spinkle with basil and a liberal drizzle of olive oil. Roast at 425* for one hour. Process in a food processor to a sauce. It is VERY hearty and thick. Delicious as a pizza topping or pasta. Would make a killer meat sauce.

Gretchen, I love the ease of this recipe, especially using a food processor over the food mill, but are the seeds bothersome in the sauce?

Lee

QSis said:
Gretchen, I love the ease of this recipe, especially using a food processor over the food mill, but are the seeds bothersome in the sauce?

Lee

They are non-existent--at least in mine.

Well, I don't know what these roasted tomatoes and garlic TASTE like (yet) but the smell of them roasting is worth millions.

I fired up the oven this morning, first time since June, and have two trays of tomatoes from the garden and two heads of garlic baking away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom