Saturday 11/26/2011 What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that looks neat, mofet. pretty soup.

i'm still full from dinner, but i still would eat at pacs tonight if offered the chance. i love me a surf-n-turf.

we went to the devils game today (it's amazing how good french fries taste when made in a giant fryer full of fresh oil), then we went out to a little italian place that has a good 4 course prix fixe dinner. the portions are a bit small, umm, actually what a normal person would or should eat, but you get spoiled being supersized all the time. you end up walking out stuffed nonetheless.

we started with appys: mozzarella en carozzo, eggplant rolatini, and snails fra diavolo.

next up were salads in a garlic lemon dressing.

entrees were shrimp marinara over linguini, veal picatta with roasted potatoes and veggies, and veal pizzaola with pasta.

finally, we had chocolate cake, carrot cake, ice cream, and coffee for dessert.

everything was delicious, and you can't beat all of that food for $50.
Thank you bucky.

WOW What's the name of this place place you ate and where is it? We need to go there. Sounds like great food at a great price!

it's called giovanni's, in a little strip mall in saddle brook. the 4 course prix fixe is an early bird, cash only thing, so get there before 6pm, and bring cash.

it's called giovanni's, in a little strip mall in saddle brook. the 4 course prix fixe is an early bird, cash only thing, so get there before 6pm, and bring cash.
The mall on 46 with the McD's on the road in front accross from the banquet hall? Or is it on Market Street?

Last edited:
no, not the walmart/mickey d's strip mall on 46.

this is tucked away a bit. it's on market towards elmwood park. chuck a right off 46 at the boulvard (just before you get to wendy's), go to the next light, another right onto market. it's a quarter mile up or so on your right, in the drunken dognuts plaza.

this is tucked away a bit. it's on market towards elmwood park. chuck a right off 46 at the boulvard (just before you get to wendy's), go to the next light, another right onto market. it's a quarter mile up or so on your right, in the drunken dognuts plaza.
A couple blocks past Taco Bell towards Lodi and the Saddlebrook Diner? I used to work right behind Dairy Queen across the street from Burger King if they are still there. I am trying to picture where this place is. LOL

Ok I found this listed. Is this the place?

Giovanni's Restaurant - Home

Giovanni's Restaurant

Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
(201) 791-3000
e-mail: info@giovannisbyob.com

Hours:
Mon - Fri: 11:30AM - 9:30PM
Sat & Sunday: 4:00PM- 9:30 PM

that's it. i thought it was saddle brook. it's more wezt past burger king, past walgrrens, up over the hill across from cvs. lol.

that's it. i thought it was saddle brook. it's more wezt past burger king, past walgrrens, up over the hill across from cvs. lol.
And through the woods towards granma's house? LOL I am interested in the caeser salad WITH anchovies.

Back
Top Bottom