Saturday's Plate 3/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sausage and Peppers, Steamed Sprouts, Air Fries...

Sausage & Peppers 3-2021.jpg

Vegetarian zucchini lasagne, could be vegan if you used nutritional yeast instead of the Parm I used. Could also be a raw foods dish, except I wanted the zucchini cooked a bit. Green and gold zucchini sliced on the mandolin, then grilled with some EVOO and S and P. "Cheese layer" is a macadamia nut cream. Tomato sauce is fresh tomatoes and some of our oven dried tomatoes. Pesto used basil and carrot tops. We'll be having some garlic bread with.

Attachments

• 2021-03-13 18.30.40.jpg
    2021-03-13 18.30.40.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 135
We ordered from Buffalo Bill Wings and Things. DH had a toasted sub and I had wings with jerk sauce and fries. The jerk sauce was surprisingly good, not as hot as the jerk sauce I have had or the one I used to make.

We have leftovers. Enough prepped items (seared burger, caramelized onions) to make one patty melt, and probably enough stuffed cabbage for both of us. The patty melt needs to go first. I'd have all of it but Himself would be standing in front of me drooling if I try. :LOL: I guess I'll share...

I had some leftover soup from the freezer, plus, I roasted some butternut squash - I had a spot develop on one of the squash in the basement, so I had to clean it, and I saved the seeds, and diced up the flesh. I used about 5 cups of it, and that was only about half of it, the squash was so large.

After an unusually large/late breakfast, our appetites were, pretty well satisfied for the remainder of the day. Decided upon munchies late in the day so, I pulled butterflied shrimp and egg rolls from the freezer and popped them into the air fryer. Mixed a couple of dipping sauces and called that dinner.

Mini eclairs were dessert.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom