Sauce for cheese burger pizza.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
A coworker created a cheese burger pizza with a base of

10 cups mayo
5 cups ketchup
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup black pepper

topped with ground beef and cheddar and mozz and optional ketchup and mustard on top of that. Personally don't like the sauce that much. I think he was going for a big mac type thing. Any ideas to improve it? Make it more savory and meaty tasting?

The ratio of ketchup to Mayo is off by a mile. In actuality, it’s mostly ketchup, with some yellow mustard and a dollop of Mayo. No sugar or vinegar.

It’s topped with pickles and shredded lettuce. The Big Mac sauce could be drizzled on top.

Also, what’s with the enormous volume ?

The ratio of ketchup to Mayo is off by a mile. In actuality, it’s mostly ketchup, with some yellow mustard and a dollop of Mayo. No sugar or vinegar.

It’s topped with pickles and shredded lettuce. The Big Mac sauce could be drizzled on top.

Also, what’s with the enormous volume ?
For the record, not specifically looking to make big mac. All purpose burger is fine.

This pizza was a monthly special. Starting tomorrow it's a taco pizza. This wasn't an at home project hence the large volume. Lol.

As others said, I would adjust the mayo/ketchup ratio. I would keep some vinegar but add mustard and eliminate the sugar.

The oddness of the pizza - I would try it with fresh lettuce, pickles, and fresh onion on it after it baked. I miss Pizza Huts taco pizza!

I just want a good sauce that helps capture the burger taste. Maybe a seasoning that adds an umami flavor would help? Less mayo for sure.

As others said, I would adjust the mayo/ketchup ratio. I would keep some vinegar but add mustard and eliminate the sugar.

The oddness of the pizza - I would try it with fresh lettuce, pickles, and fresh onion on it after it baked. I miss Pizza Huts taco pizza!
All you would do is eliminate the sugar, go 2:1 ketchup/mayo, and add mustard? How much mustard? Should a little honey be added to sweeten it a little?

I miss our local pizza hut too. I have to drive to near the airport now to get some.

@Cooking4Fun This would be "a little this, a little that. Taste, adjust, and repeat." I would start with eliminating the sugar, dropping vinegar to about half, and going 1:1 with ketchup and mayo. At that point, I would adjust until I had the flavor I wanted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom