Search for really CHEWY cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karaburun

Senior Cook
Hi everybody!

Because my english is not perfect enough, I can´t find here the recipes I needed.:ermm:

Perhaps you can help me?! I search recipes for really CHEWY cookies ( like on subway). :angel:

The problem for me is, that I can´t get special ingredients here, like gluten...(?) or etc. Mixes ( which you can get in the USA everywhere). For me is important to bake it with simple things and no chemie:sick:.

Please digg in your old recipe maps, and look for the old ones from Mummy or your grandmummy:chef:. That´s always the best.

I ´ll be so happy, if you have some cookie recipes for me:-p

Greetings from Germany

Tanja;)

Hi Kara,

While I don't have recipes to share I do have some tips to share that have worked for me in the past to get a perfect chewy cookie. I used to bake a lot and use to hand my cookies as gifts. I still get requests, just that I don't have a lot of time nowadays.

Look for recipes that call for shortening rather than butter. Shortening spreads less than butter and a cookie recipe with shortening will hold it's shape and stay chewy

Look for recipes that call for brown sugar. Cookies made with white sugar tend to be crispier. Given brown sugar has some molasses in it and is moist, the end result is also chewier

Always remember to not overbake your cookies. Bake your cookies a a minute or two less than the recipe indicates. Let it rest on the cookie sheet outside and it will harden but not become super crisp

Finally pay attention to the baking sheet you use. Flimsy sheets will not cook the cookies evenly and may spread or burn or make them crispy and hard. I like to buy professional quality baking sheets since the distribute heat evenly

All the best, I am sure other people will come around and post recipes.

If you like coconut and pecans, you can do a search for calypso cookies which are really chewy and delicious. Mostly the recipe consists of basic ingredients.

@ Yakuta

Thanks a lot for all your tips. I try to follow them.

@ mama

Thank´t to you for the links... I´ll try them.

@ all

I don´t know, that brown sugar makes a different effect to white one. **lol** My grandma had said to me as a young girl. "Notice, you´ll never to old for learning something!" Now I am thinking about her words....

Thank´s to all of you.

Greetings

Tanja

@ Bethzaring

Sounds good, but what are chopped dates?? Ok, chopped I knew, but dates?

Greetings Tanja

Ok,:LOL: Yes, of course:rolleyes: I couldt think about it by myself:ROFLMAO: In German it´s called: Datteln.

Thank´s a lot.

I tryed last Monday a cookie recipe from here, that was made with coconut, chocolate chips and Cornflakes. They are goog, and a little bit chewy. I think by myself, that I baked them 2 Min. too long.

Greetings from sunny western Germany

Tanja:chef:

wow, i am sure to try making chewy cookies. Thanks for sharing the great tips.. I have never yet eaten chewy cookies.. over here in the bakeries, only the crispy ones are available..

These are fantastic - chewy and deep chocolatey. I've made them many times. *NOTE: The recipe has an error - should be 1 1/4 cups flour, NOT 1/4 cup flour.
Chocolate Espresso Chew - washingtonpost.com
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEWS
PH2006071301541.jpg

@
merstar

These cookies looking fantastic:chef:!! I think, these are the next cookies I´ll try.:rolleyes:

Today first I bake apple pockets, because I got last week about 25 kg:blink: apples... Now those apples for the pockets are the last.:wacko:

greetings from rainy northrhine-westphalia:(

Tanja

Ok, merstar, I´ll do it.;)

Perhaps I can try them at sunday or monday. :chef:

And: I´ve noticed the 1 cup more than in recipe:LOL:

Have a nice weekend.

Sunny greetings from here

Tanja:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom