Secret Vice Confessions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
You know you have one. Maybe more than one? Sneak to the fridge late at night and eat the lasagna right out of the pan? Confess it here. Tell your honey your late because traffic was awful...but what you really did was stop for ice cream? Do tell.

I stay up late. Not a news flash here. But, in the past, I used to watch Up To The Minute, staying on top of the news. Then, one night while channel flipping, I found Hoda and Kathie Lee, a rerun of the morning show on NBC. Mind you I never watched Regis and Kathie Lee, but I was hooked on this show. It's like a little bit of cotton candy for the mind before I head off to bed. Mostly fluff and a lot of fun!

Confession time for the rest of you. No one has to know but your DC friends. ;)

I hate to get dressed. I am most comfortable in my nightgown and fuzzy slippers. I shower about every two days and that is when I change my nightgown. If I have to go down to get my mail, I will go downstairs around three in the morning when I know everyone is asleep. I throw on a housecoat and make sure I snap it all the way down. Some days if I have been baking or doing something where I get my nightgown really dirty, I will change it two days in a row.

This all started when I had my gastro surgery and couldn't wear elastic around my stomach 30 years ago. Then I went back to work and had no choice. Had to wear clothes. Then again when I had open heart surgery, I roamed around in my nightgown without wearing any elastic. With all the surgeries and hospital stays over the past 15 years or so, my nightgown and fuzzy slippers have become my uniform of the day. I do have to let the kids know that my nightgowns need replacing. I have plenty of housecoats and bathrobes. I also have several pairs of fuzzy slippers. And they are all washable. So if each kid gets me two nightgowns each, I will be all set for a week. :angel:

Next?

Addie, if you want to ditch all the clothes there's a camp in Woodstock, CT you might want to look into, Solair Family Nudist Resort - New England's Premier Nudist Resort!. They're seasonal, so you don't have to worry about freezing your tiny hiney off. ;) Also in the same town is Caroll Spinney, the performer who plays Big Bird on Sesame Street. I understand he does keep his feathers on though...

The world just isn't ready for that. I wouldn't want the nice folks to have a heart attack. That is my job. But thanks for the suggestion. I will keep it in mind though. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom