Sirius Stiletto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spryte

Senior Cook
Ok... my favorite rock radio station is becoming an all talk-man channel (Pittsburgh's new misogynist talk radio) But anyway....

This has spurred me to look into satellite radio. I found some great rock stations on Sirius. The portable unit would allow me to use it at home, work and in my car.

Do you have one? Pros? Cons?

I had one when they first came out and then gave one as a gift to my brother who travels all over the country and Canada. He loved the fact once he found the type of music he wanted to listen to, he didn't have to change stations even if he was driving from Florida to Toronto. As long as you don't mind paying the monthly fee, it is great.

I love my MyFi radio from XM. The MyFi was the first portable as Sirius did not have one at the time. Only downside is the antennae has to face the satellite, like a dish TV. Not hard when driving, mowing the lawn or in a south or west facing room. It will even broadcast on a regular radio so you don't need headphones. Pretty cool feature they probably all have.
BTW, Sirius and XM have merged. They are saying you will not need to update your equipment and will be able to receive both their programming.

My SO just got a new car with a 3 month trial for XM and she loves it. Stations devoted to every variety and decade of rock, jazz, country, classical, and other forms of music, comedy and sports. She's trying to justify spending the money to get it after the trial period.

Back
Top Bottom