Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and THAT'S an excellant idea too! I've always measured and poured into sandwich bags, but perhaps this is faster... will have to try it!
I like having it in blobs. Hmm, this soup or this gravy needs something. I know! A blob or three of chicken or vegi stock will work.

I don't watch baseball. But history was made tonight! Go Cubs, you rocked! 108 years, wow!!

This is the oddest November I've ever lived through. My bean plants are still beaning, I picked enough for two servings, and my cherry tomatoes are still producing blossoms. Admittedly, I've always lived in the land of the ice and snow, and by now we would usually have had many hard freezes and at least 2 inches of snow on the ground. Sunny and beautiful out, I'm not complaining!

Yeah, it is odd. Our temp right now is 62ºF. Perfect weather for getting people out to vote. The bush in front of the front door has burst into flowering again. And Day Lillies have been sending up new shoots.

I went down at 6:55 a.m. The polls open at 7 a.m. sharp. The line was already out the door. I turned around and came back upstairs. Went back down around twoish. Perfect timing!

My son in the Denver area said they need some kind of moisture, rain or snow really bad. He has had to water his lawn twice in the last few weeks.

Strange. Apparently the East coast voters have a shortage of "I voted" stickers. I voted absentee, so I didn't expect a sticker, but have a lot of relatives and friends who should have gotten stickers.

We need to remedy this.

Last edited:
Thank Goodness for The Voice tonight!!! I have neither fingernails nor toenails left to chew.

Drat. No Voice. No nails left either, need to raid my workshop.

Thank the Egg that's over -

don't even know who won, suppose I'll find out eventually... don't even care enuf to look it up

I just hope theTV shows come back to normal and it's not a bunch of new shows for discussions about Who if? What if? Where if? Why if? When if? ad naseum...

No offense guys, just how I feel...

Last edited:
We all went at different times of the day/night to vote.
None of us received "I voted stickers" either.

The lines by the time we got there were long.You could actually feel the tension in the room. I've never seen such a turn out like that around here before. Good thing I had a cheat sheet ready with my answers. All I had to do was get the ballot,vote, and get out fast!

Here's my sticker, along with my suffragist pin.

Attachments

• 1478718716386.jpg
    1478718716386.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 115
Because of the American system of voting, Hillary got more votes but Trump got more electoral votes. Yeah it isnt a true democracy.

Because of the American system of voting, Hillary got more votes but Trump got more electoral votes. Yeah it isnt a true democracy.

No it's not. But it works. And this is not the first time when person who won election did not win popular vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Strange. Apparently the East coast voters have a shortage of "I voted" stickers. I voted absentee, so I didn't expect a sticker, but have a lot of relatives and friends who should have gotten stickers.

We need to remedy this.

I left mine on the table before I left the room on my scooter. I have one from the first year they started passing them out. It is right on my scooter basket.

No it doesnt work, but oh well, the future will see if there be any change to it.

because of the american system of voting, hillary got more votes but trump got more electoral votes. Yeah it isnt a true democracy.

IMG_1469.jpg

The electoral system is antiquated and should be abolished. One person one vote.

Last edited:
I left mine on the table before I left the room on my scooter. I have one from the first year they started passing them out. It is right on my scooter basket.
I have never gotten a sticker. I guess my town doesn't give them out.

I have never gotten a sticker. I guess my town doesn't give them out.

Gee, that's strange. Even the national news mentioned them. My polling station had large bounded packages of them. And the had boxes upon boxes of the ballots. They were prepared for the long lines.

No it doesnt work, but oh well, the future will see if there be any change to it.

It does work as it was designed to do. The intention is to even out the influence of large and small states and to prevent a "tyranny of the majority."

It's not likely to change because changing it would require a Constitutional amendment approved by 3/4 of the states.

A different way to change the outcome would be for states to allocate their electors proportionally rather than by winner-take-all. I don't think that's likely either.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-reason-for-the-electoral-college/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom