Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CG, did you peel that thin piece of clear plastic off the display of the scale? It has a number imprinted on it to show you what the display looks like when you buy it and put batteries in... :wacko:

:angel:
:-p Geez, BT, I've seen different numbers over the years. It isn't a new scale. I'm just glad this week's number wasn't higher than the previous one. I liked the numbers my scale told me when we first moved to MA, though. Depression Eating is serious trouble...

Ooo, Ooo, maybe I didn't gain any weight in OH because I was happy? Maybe calories don't count when you're happy. :D

Issue. It's 2 am. I am not tired. No caffeine. Had a cup of coffee at 10 am. It should have worn off by now.

I'm retired, so nothing to do! Popped awake at 8:30 am. No more caffeine for me!

yup, I woke at 1:30 am, thought I'd take a nap sometime today, but didn't, still awake, hopefully I will sleep well tonight :) It was storming and so the dog begged to get in bed at 3am. She's 80 or so pounds. I ended up finding Family Affair marathon on tv, so that was fun!

Every time I write or think of the work "purpose", I visualize this:

zRMJUIq3.png

:huh: Seriously??? :LOL:

I was watching TV with a purpose this morning. We all know about the events of the next few days, so I figured if THIS is it, I'll watch the This TV channel.

And guess what they had on...

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea.

Princess Fiaoni

Princess Fiona, I thought you might like to know the following.

I ask Pirate to take down the vents up by the ceiling so they could be cleaned. I had him stand on the Costco stool. He was doing fine, got the first one down and then went up again to take the second one down. The neuropathy kicked in and his leg gave out. He was able to grab the back bar of the stool to break his fall. If he didn't have that back bar on the stool to grab, he would have had a really nasty fall. A very nasty and life threatening fall. When he hit the floor, he took the stool with him. But it is still in one piece.

Thanks ever so much.

Love Addie

Last edited:
Thank Goodness for the stool...best purchase ever.

I'll second that.

Every time he goes outside I am terrified he will take a fall on the cement or some stairs. But he is a grown man and he doesn't want to listen to me to take the cane I gave him. Tells me it makes him feel like an old man.

:-p Geez, BT, I've seen different numbers over the years. It isn't a new scale. I'm just glad this week's number wasn't higher than the previous one. I liked the numbers my scale told me when we first moved to MA, though. Depression Eating is serious trouble...

Ooo, Ooo, maybe I didn't gain any weight in OH because I was happy? Maybe calories don't count when you're happy. :D

CG, thanks for being a good sport. Your question got an honest sincere reply. One that made me laugh out loud.

Last edited:
Before Himself and I moved to MA in 2000, during the 20th century the Red Sox had won six championships (the most recent having been 1918), the Celtics won 16! (the most recent having been 1986 - they had quite a dynasty in the late 1950s thru the 1960s), the Bruins won five (the most recent having been 1972) and the Patriots had won...none from when the Super Bowl had started in 1967. Since we moved here, the Red Sox have been champions 3 times, the Celtics 1, the Bruins 1, and the Patriots 5 times. Ten championships in the 16 1/2 years we've live here vs 27 the entire century beforehand. I see a pattern here. You're welcome, Boston fans. :mrgreen:

;);) CG, it is not that we really needed your presence in order for our sports team to win. But thank you for your presence here in Massachusetts. The reason for the long break of getting just another trophy is because we were hogging all the trophies. Our sports team decided to take a long break and give some of the other teams a chance to win a trophy.

Well, the break is over. Oh, the Patriots are a fairly new team. They were formed November 16, 1959. They had no stadium, no place to meet. They used to use the East Boston Stadium for practice. They played their games at Harvard stadium and the old Braves stadium while they waited for their stadium to be finished in Foxboro.

When they were practicing at E>B>Stadium, Spike would go down there and sit right on the field out of the way. Gino Capiletti would come over and talk to him. He would come home so excited. I can still see his flushed face from running all the way home each day to tell me all about the team and Gino.

Have you ever been to the Garden and see all those banners hanging in the rafters? When an opposing team enters the floor to play the game, the newcomers are overwhelmed by those banners and don't play their very best. Coaches now warn them what they are going to see.

So thank you for your presence, but I think our teams do very well on their own. New England is very sports oriented. Fans come down from the other five states just to cheer the team on. Even if they are in a slump.

Oh, BTW how come that team in Ohio won without your presence. I think it was because you had left. And does Ohio have five sports teams? Yes we have five. We have a professional soccer team. ;);)

Addie, you make me chuckle. :) Over the years you've "complained" about having to put up with Pirate watching sports on TV, how you couldn't be any less interested, and just a bit over a year ago you said "Dang! Today is football again. I am so sick of hearing about the Patriots." And here you are, just a little over a year later, going all Fangirl. Good on you. I'm thinking that Pirate and that TV are having a sporting effect on you. ;)

CG, thanks but you really need to go back to Ohio.
They need you more than we do.
No kidding! I guess one championship every half-century is pretty good though, huh? :LOL: More than for sports, though, it will be nice to be back by our kids. The only problem is, when we were younger and in better shape we never thought of getting the house "ready for market". Now that we can actually get out of Dodge, we're a bit creaky and stiff and it takes sooo looong to do anything! :ermm:

You may just be right CG. As a teenager, I did have an interest in our Boston teams. Then I got married and the kids started to come. It was time for kiddie sports. By the time they were grown, I lost track of what the big boys were doing.

I do try to split TV time fairly with Pirate. For him it is sports and cars. Just hasn't been my interest for many years. But he is slowly wearing me down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom