Substituting frying to baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foody8

Assistant Cook
hello foodies and chefs,

I am trying to cut down unhealthy and fried recipes. I am good at stove top technique but an amateur when it comes to baking principles.

Can anyone tell me what oven temperatures and tips I need to follow to keep the taste as close as possible, if I am baking something which needs to be fried.

Appreciate your time and help.

Well, The basics so that i can apply to as many stuffs as possible.

I tried Jalapeno poppers, chickpea fritters, fries/chips, crackers, and many others. But somehow, I am not happy with what came out. Is I am doing anything wrong, or I am chasing a totally impossible goal.

Baking foods that are typically fried will not yield the same results. You may or may not be willing to accept the differences in deference to more healthful eating.

Generally, a higher oven temp, around 400ºF-450ºF works better to cook and crisp the food item. You may or may not need to spray the items lightly with oil to aid in the process.

For something like a popper, consider stuffing a pepper and wrapping it in a slice of bacon rather than breading. Then bake it or smoke it on your outdoor grill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom