Sunday What's for dinner, 4/4/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
One of Dh's favorites; Kraft mac and cheese with the additions of broccoli, ham and sour cream. Chocolate muffin for dessert.

What are you fixing?

I had some chicken wings that were going to go off, so I made a tray bake of chicken wings, Italian sausage, root vegis (potato, rugabugger, fartichokes, carrot, celeriac, black radish, purple daikon radish), onion, and garlic. DH doesn't eat chicken wings, so I don't get them nearly often enough. These are the first servings. Seconds and thirds happened. There are enough leftovers for another meal.

Attachments

• PXL_20210404_221451329 small.jpg
    PXL_20210404_221451329 small.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20210404_221521059 small.jpg
    PXL_20210404_221521059 small.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 49
"Lamb chops and stuff..."

Stuff = stuffed grape leaves with a lemon-egg sauce, potato and tomato bake, village salad, deviled eggs, grilled pita and tzatziki sauce. For dessert, lemon meringue pie.

Frank made the lamb chops - they were delicious! He also grilled pita!

Attachments

• 2021-04-04 (1).jpg
    2021-04-04 (1).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 2021-04-04.jpg
    2021-04-04.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 51
"Lamb chops and stuff..."

Stuff = stuffed grape leaves with a lemon-egg sauce, potato and tomato bake, village salad, deviled eggs, grilled pita and tzatziki sauce. For dessert, lemon meringue pie.

Frank made the lamb chops - they were delicious! He also grilled pita!

That looks like quite the feast. :yum: :chef:

IMG_0392.jpg

Boar's Head brand Sweet Slice Ham Steaks with baked
Sweet Potato and Green Beans, oh and a small squirt of
Hickory Farms Sweet Hot Mustard for dippin' :yum:

*here's what's funny: when we went to visit my Mother
2 weeks ago, I took some Ham Steaks for her freezer,
this is EXACTLY what she ate tonight too!!! ;) geniuses think a like

View attachment 46209

Boar's Head brand Sweet Slice Ham Steaks with baked
Sweet Potato and Green Beans, oh and a small squirt of
Hickory Farms Sweet Hot Mustard for dippin' :yum:

*here's what's funny: when we went to visit my Mother
2 weeks ago, I took some Ham Steaks for her freezer,
this is EXACTLY what she ate tonight too!!! ;) geniuses think a like

Every thing looks good! I love the comment about your mother. My mother generally cooked the same thing for every holiday, so I could have copied her. However, just by happenstance, unlikely. :) It would have been fun though!

Every thing looks good! I love the comment about your mother. My mother generally cooked the same thing for every holiday, so I could have copied her. However, just by happenstance, unlikely. :) It would have been fun though!

Prior to our departure, I asked Mom, "What do you WANT, not need."
She said,
"PORK! I want Ham Steaks, the kind that you buy, I want your homemade Char Siu, I want those Dim Sum Dumplings that you make, I want whatever you want to bring me."
My Mom has NEVER said this to me before!!!
I know that she misses me when she talks about my food and that she wants it
:blush:

Easter dinner was turkey, stuffing, asparagus, cranberry sauce, mashed yukons and gravy.

easter_dinner_040421_IMG_7960.jpg

We had fancy salads. I followed that up with chicken and I-don't-know-which-veggies-to-make-so-I'll-make-them-all! They were roasted creamer potatoes, green beans with mushrooms, roasted Brussels sprouts, sauteed radishes with bacon and arugula (it was supposed to be radish greens, but they were sad...), and roasted asparagus with a parmesan cream sauce and toasted panko bread crumbs. Coffee ice cream with Aldi triple chocolate biscotti for dessert... much later! We also had Prosecco just for fun.

I am not cooking for the rest of the week!
IMG_20210404_200052140.jpgIMG_20210404_212151388.jpgIMG_20210405_004345590.jpg

Last edited:
We had pan-seared lamb chops, potatoes au gratin (I simmered fresh sage, thyme and smashed garlic in the half and half), roasted asparagus and bell peppers and homemade no-knead bread rolls.

I forgot to take a picture, but a neighbor brought us dessert - a piece of homemade baklava and two Krispy Kreme donuts decorated with a spring theme. 20210404_202114.jpg

My stomach was a little off yesterday so I didn't make my planned dinner. Just ate bagel later on. Maybe tonight.

Prior to our departure, I asked Mom, "What do you WANT, not need."
She said,
"PORK! I want Ham Steaks, the kind that you buy, I want your homemade Char Siu, I want those Dim Sum Dumplings that you make, I want whatever you want to bring me."
My Mom has NEVER said this to me before!!!
I know that she misses me when she talks about my food and that she wants it
:blush:

I totally make foods that remind me of home, my mother, or my grandmother. Sometimes, I just have to feel closer and they are no longer a phone call away. :flowers:

We weren't very Easterish. We had tuna on sourdough toast and chips.

I did bake an apple pie tho. Isn't that traditional? :ermm:

Ross

Pie turns every day into a celebration! :yum:

My stomach was a little off yesterday so I didn't make my planned dinner. Just ate bagel later on. Maybe tonight.

Am hoping you feel better today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom