Taco (or not!) Tuesday - 7/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Roast Beef & Cheddar Roll-Ups with Horseradish Sauce, Steamed Cauliflower, Air Fries........

roast Beef 7 Cheddar Roll-Ups  7-2021.jpg

I did a quick stop at the grocery store on my way home from the dentist. Shopped while some cod was getting fried. Served that up with Aldi potato puffs and peas - or as I told Himself, Tots and Dots..
IMG_20210713_192946105.jpg

I grilled a marinated pork tenderloin for dinner tonight. Steamed broccoli and a dinner roll rounded out the meal.

0EC7C68F-1D8E-49ED-95B2-66D973DA5194_1_105_c.jpg

Baked boneless/skinless chicken breast stuffed with compound butter, with a lite side salad. The chicken breast had a pocket sliced into it, taking care not to slice through the other side, or ends. The compound butter was a micture of softened, salted butter, summer savory, dried basil, sage, and black pepper. The was compound butter was spread thickly into the pocket. A little olive oil, with S&P on top, then baked to an infernal temp of 160' F. It cme out juicy, well seasoned, and tender.

The salad was a pre-made summer greens mix, with croutons. I used a creamy lime dressing on it. A glass of ice cold Rice Dream Original completed the meal.

I used to adore whole milk, but now prefer the flavor of the Rice Dream. Go figure. I mean, I was a milk connoisseur, knowing what temps satisfied for max refreshment, max flavor, proper tenps for hot, or warm preparations, etc. And if I could get my hands on fresh milk, straight from the cow, I was ecstatic. Now, as stated, I love the flavor of rice milk.:ohmy:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The majority of my Neighborhood Gal Pals our July Babies,
including myself.
Our pal to the right of us threw a Birthday Luncheon, so nice of her.

IMG_0720.jpg

She made Strata with Scones and Fruit Salad, YUM!
I'd never had Strata before.

and then this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_7y_LGJZCE

That was an eventful afternoon and I just want a nap!
DH, you're on your own!

Produce+ baskets delivery today and DH is having weird pain in his hip, so I am encouraging him not to use it much. Usually he brings in the baskets, puts each item on the table, after disinfecting the packaging and I mark it off on my list. The delivery arrived at 16:30, so I brought the baskets in. I didn't want DH to have to go down the stairs an extra time, since supper wouldn't be until at least 18:00, when he finishes work. Anyhoo, I dealt with more than usual and was fairly pooped.

I boiled some frozen beef tortellini and threw in some chopped up, already cooked Italian sausage. I tossed it with some pesto and smidgen of pasta water. I served that with a salad of baby rainbow chard, sorrel, curly lettuce, radishes, red onion, mango, feta, and toasted pumpkin seeds, dressed with my infamous, homemade, enough-for-a-week vinaigrette. That all turned out better than expected.

Beef tortellini with pesto and a salad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom