The BEST Alfredo sauce recipe, ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3/4 C evaporated milk
3/4 C cream cheese (6 oz.)
3/4 C grated Parmesan cheese

Simmer together until smooth stirring frequently. Easy and tastes great!

Hi All

First post :)

Here's my alfredo sauce recipe:

I fry up some diced up portabello mushrooms and hickory smoked ham in butter and olive oil. I then ad a cup of fresh cream and a teaspoon of minced garlic and let this simmer for a couple of minutes. I then ad about half a cup of basil pesto, mix it all up and let it simmer until it's reduced into a nice sauce. Seasoned with salt and pepper.

Hi All

First post :)

Here's my alfredo sauce recipe:

I fry up some diced up portabello mushrooms and hickory smoked ham in butter and olive oil. I then ad a cup of fresh cream and a teaspoon of minced garlic and let this simmer for a couple of minutes. I then ad about half a cup of basil pesto, mix it all up and let it simmer until it's reduced into a nice sauce. Seasoned with salt and pepper.

Welcome to DC.

Sounds delicious. I'd call it "Ham and Portobello Mushrooms in a Pesto Cream Sauce".

I'm going to try AllenOK's recipe tonight minus the mushrooms (forgot to buy them!)

Youngest daughter specially requested alfredo tonight and I have done my own version for a long time. Thought I'd try it Allen's way and see if there is an appreciable difference.

The shallots are a lovely addition. There was just enough left over for daughter #2's lunch tomorrow. I added a small grating of nutmeg as well. Truly delicious and fast and easy.

The shallots are a lovely addition. There was just enough left over for daughter #2's lunch tomorrow. I added a small grating of nutmeg as well. Truly delicious and fast and easy.

Only if no one eats it for breakfast...:rolleyes:

They pack their lunches right after dinner and anything in a lunch bag is strictly hands off!

My personal favorite Alfredo sauce is - 1 can evaporated milk, 3/4 cup grated parm., and a cup or so of cream cheese meltred in t evap. milk. Plus, A teaspoon of lemon juice is great!

Back
Top Bottom