The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in one of my Zeppelin moods. My neighbors are used to it, by now. :LOL:

CD

Nice to have that space where you can crank up quality speakers and not be an annoyance to others. I don't have your situation. I go headphones now. High end open air headphones. I'm still using my Sennheiser HD580's, bought years ago.

Last edited:
Nice to have that space where you can crank up quality speakers and not be an annoyance to others. I don't have your situation. I go headphones now. High end open air headphones. I'm still using my Sennheiser HD580's, bought years ago.

Yeah me too. The wife is always here watching TV, so I put my cans over my ears. I have some $18 Monoprice 8323's. I used to have some Sennheiser HD 202 II's, but I gave them to my niece. I was then going to order some Sennheiser or Grados but haven't gotten around to it. I should now --
Christmas present to myself.

It's amazing the sound quality when you get some decent cans. A lot of people only listen to music on those crappy $5 earbuds that they sell next to the chewing gum and mints in the checkout line. Then they wonder why they lose interest in music.

I've let people put my headphones on if they want. "I didn't know that song had an awesome bass line!", they'll say.

Yeah me too. The wife is always here watching TV, so I put my cans over my ears. I have some $18 Monoprice 8323's. I used to have some Sennheiser HD 202 II's, but I gave them to my niece. I was then going to order some Sennheiser or Grados but haven't gotten around to it. I should now --
Christmas present to myself.

It's amazing the sound quality when you get some decent cans. A lot of people only listen to music on those crappy $5 earbuds that they sell next to the chewing gum and mints in the checkout line. Then they wonder why they lose interest in music.

I've let people put my headphones on if they want. "I didn't know that song had an awesome bass line!", they'll say.

Speakers as we knew them just aren't what they used to be. Not in quality, but in the fact that so many live communally in apartments or condos. Blasting out your neighbors is not considered being considerate in these times.
A good pair of open air headphones with the volume cranked up can get you there almost as well. I like high end "open air" headphones so I still hear whats going on around me. "Closed headphones" on high is like...the phone could ring or someone could be knocking at the door and you'd never hear them. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom