Thursday 28th of September Sustenance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
Soon the leaves will fall, the trees teaching us how to let go.
24f50e29-1b59-4513-9e1d-5016f4e6c4cf.jpeg

Lentil soup
Salads: Lettuce, tomatoes, peaches, broccoli, pickles, wheat berries, black beans
Dressing Creamy Orange: orange juice concentrate, dijon mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, lemon juice, white beans to thicken, water to thin.
Dessert: White Bean Blondies, and Fava Bean Brownies
Snacks: bananas, oranges, tangerines, dried fruit

I finally got around to trying that meal kit from Lufa Farms, Robin's Umami Tofu & Veg Noodles.

Well, that was bland. After we had been eating a while, it seemed to get less bland, as though our taste buds had turned up the gain. DH doesn't really like mushrooms, so I cut them in largish pieces that he would be able to find and get rid of to me. I asked how the mushrooms were, "While I am not thrilled with the flavour of mushrooms, at least there is a flavour." The textures were interesting. I might tweak it to give it more flavour. I might tweak it so the sauce isn't as thin as stock. Sorry about the poor quality and slightly out of focus pix. I took them with my tablet.

1695947676531.jpeg

1695947712294.jpeg

Yup, seems I posted this in Wednesday's supper when it was actually today's (Thursday's) oops so the following is what I posted....
I seem to be creating a trend for myself lately.

Had a nice breakfast of egg, onions, mushrooms, bacon and toast.

Made some small shell pasta with tuna into a humongous salad of which I ate about half (1/4 to 1/3 would have sufficed, :cautious::cry:=:pig:)

So not hungry and didn't have a supper.

I brought a nice rack of Australian lamb with us and a bunch of homegrown herbs on our vacation. I butchered the rack into chops.

20230928_195810.jpg

Was too hungry to remember the after photos!

Served with redskin mashed potatoes and spinach.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom