Thursday 4/21/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Life handed me a lemon when I could have sworn I had a lime in the crisper, too... so no pico de gallo... so along with my grilled steak and potatoes will be some steamed & sautéed green beans and broccoli. And I had a wee bit of marinara left over from the spaghetti the other night, so not to waste it I'm going to boil a little penne, also. I'll have some of my favorite flavors and foods going on tonight along with the garlic bread I'm going to make... so what's a sunny side up egg on top my steak to round it out...

HEY! First time quoting myself! I see that's done a lot here though, so I'm giving it a try. :stuart:
Gee, I feel like I'm talking to myself... am I?... only if I don't answer... OK, don't answer...
:LOL:

And it looks something like this:
steak dinner 4-21-11.jpg

oooh We had sesame noodles here too :chef: with my secret ingredient: tahini. I also roasted some chicken with tomatoes and garlic and had it over baby spinach. The spinach got all wilted down and was great in the garlicy tomato juices I poured over the top.

Life handed me a lemon when I could have sworn I had a lime in the crisper, too... so no pico de gallo... so along with my grilled steak and potatoes will be some steamed & sautéed green beans and broccoli. And I had a wee bit of marinara left over from the spaghetti the other night, so not to waste it I'm going to boil a little penne, also. I'll have some of my favorite flavors and foods going on tonight along with the garlic bread I'm going to make... so what's a sunny side up egg on top my steak to round it out...

Would you please post your recipe for pico de gallo? :chef:

Nice meals Mama and PaC!!

Our dinner:

Extra crispy fried chicken, steamed fresh carrot coins (ground sea salt and ground peppercorns and butter), mashed potatoes (butter, sour cream, fat free ½ & ½, fresh chives, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns), chicken gravy and buttermilk biscuits.

img_992479_0_f3086f7750a1861c675371de8513a943.jpg

Would you please post your recipe for pico de gallo? :chef:

I use about the same amounts of one medium chopped seeded tomato and onion
1 smallish jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
About 2 TBS of chopped cilantro
and the juice of one lime

It's like cole slaw, mix it up, refrigerate and let it come together. I like it rolled up in a flour tortilla with chili or BBQ, but was looking forward to trying it on steak.

Wow, msm, those biscuits look awesome. One of the best pics of biscuits I've seen. I could go for some biscuits and the gravy.

It's like cole slaw, mix it up, refrigerate and let it come together. I like it rolled up in a flour tortilla with chili or BBQ, but was looking forward to trying it on steak.

Wow, msm, those biscuits look awesome. One of the best pics of biscuits I've seen. I could go for some biscuits and the gravy.

Me too!

You had me drooling *again* already MsM. Thanks for the idea. I think I'll make some drop biscuits to go with the beef steak stew I'm making today.

Last edited:

Me too!

You had me drooling *again* already MsM. Thanks for the idea. I think I'll make some drop biscuits to go with the beef steak stew I'm making today.
Thank you PaC and Z!!

I am thinking of making a batch of biscuits and some eggs to dip in for brunch.

We had kielbasa, potato pancakes, stewed cabbage, and steamed asparagus!

Back
Top Bottom