Thursday dinner, 2-17-22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
I got out of work early today, so I stopped by a Korean market on the way home for "bbq".

The thinly sliced spicy pork shoulder- Jeyuk Bokkeum - was delicious, along with the ban chan sides. The pork is so tricky to cook just right. It goes from under cooked to burnt in no time because of the marinade.

Clockwise from the bottom left: spicy squid strips, ssamjang paste, a ban chan assortment (bean sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, spinach), red leaf lettuce for wrapping, spicy sliced pork shoulder, and shredded scallions sort of in the middle.

Not pictured was some jap chae noodles.

Attachments

• 0217221833.jpg
    0217221833.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Looks tasty, BT.

We had a sort of scampi. It was shrimp in a white wine and butter sauce with onion, garlic, green pepper and marinated artichoke hearts over cavatappi.

D7BEE9C9-3937-4097-BB04-9EDC1AD2279D_1_105_c.jpg

I baked a store bought tourtière, boiled some potatoes, made some gravy, and heated the last of the rødkål. It was good. I'll be using the rest of the potatoes for home fries soon. I was going to serve some pickled beets, but I couldn't find them. One of our two fridges recently died and loads of food had to be stuffed into one fridge. We're trying to use up that stuff and only buy stuff like milk, cream, and stuff that doesn't need refrigeration until there is a bit more space. The freezers, on the surviving fridge and the one in the basement are overstuffed too. :ermm:

Tourtière (store bought), potatoes, rødkål, and gravy.gif

We had leftovers. DH heated up the extra shrimp in Greek-seasoned tomato sauce and served it over bucatini. I made nachos with the leftover pork and vegetables from Wednesday's fajitas.
20220217_211009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom