Thursday's Dinner Table 10/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like an relatively inexpensive steak and shrimp dinner now and then, one that's ready anytime. I went to my local Ranch 99 store and bought 5 lbs. of frozen large shirmp. Not the loose frozen shrimp in a bag, but the flash frozen kind in a block of ice. I portioned them out and froze them using my Foodsaver. For the steak part of the dinner, I bought 3 fresh thinly sliced steaks, froze and shrunk wrapped them. I bought one of those shrink wrapped microwaveable potatoes because they keep for so long. A salad and roll rounded it out. This dinner cost me all of about $6. Not really that expensive when considering the convenience factor and it being a delicious steak and shrimp dinner in under 30 mintues.

steak.jpg

Last edited:
My husband and I roamed about the tri-state area (that is to say, from where we live Iowa and Wisconsin are minutes away) going shopping. Lots of cheese outlets and a really great butcher in Cuba City. Hubby decided to try some horseradish cheese and it occurred to me that it would make a great grilled sandwich, so we hit a deli for some sliced roast beef and a hearty bread, and I made some pannini type sandwiches. Need to get expert at my griddler anyway. Turned out to be a really good combo!

Back
Top Bottom