Today's Dinner! Sat Oct 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I slathered some chicken breasts with pesto and cooked them in the oven in a bit of white wine and finished them off by melting some mozzarella on top. I also made pasta salad to use up the last little bits of the three opened jars of various olives we had in the fridge (how does that even happen?) along with some roasted broccoli. Easy peasy meal which got rave review.

that sounds really good, zereh.

did the pesto form a crust before you topped it with cheese, or was it more of a moist layer between the cheese and chicken?

salso, was it a basil/pine nut pesto?

did the pesto form a crust before you topped it with cheese, or was it more of a moist layer between the cheese and chicken?

salso, was it a basil/pine nut pesto?

No, it didn't get crusty, probably because I put quite a bit on them. They were pretty large bone-in breasts which I removed the skin from. So it really was just a moist layer of flavor under the cheese, which I did let brown up under the broiler.

And it was indeed a basil / pine nut pesto! I got a great deal on a bag of basil at the Farmer's Market a few weeks ago and I froze some of the pesto I made with it.

thanks. i will be taking in the last of the basil tomorrow, so pesto is on deck. i'm going to have to try this. :chef:

I slathered some chicken breasts with pesto and cooked them in the oven in a bit of white wine and finished them off by melting some mozzarella on top. I also made pasta salad to use up the last little bits of the three opened jars of various olives we had in the fridge (how does that even happen?) along with some roasted broccoli. Easy peasy meal which got rave review.
Your dinner sounds good too! I love olives, especially with something that includes cheese! I'm on a Fontina kick now. I just don't have any olives. :( That'll be on the grocery list.

Can you share your recipe? I'm a big soup person, even during the summer.
It looks really hearty.

Ok, I will post it in the soup section. I started out measuring spices, but then added more so every thing is approximate. So you will have to season to your tastes. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom