Top Food for dogs AND cats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
:arrow: Since I have cats I wanted to find the BEST FOOD POSSIBLE for my 2 little buddies. I literay did a minumum of TEN hours in finding out the answer. 8) I have become a dog and cat food expert!! LOL! :LOL: :LOL:

Well the conclusion is.... the very BEST DOG & CAT FOOD IS: (drum roll) http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/ Dick Van Pattens: Natural Balance

Who would have though Dick Van Patten has the best animal food??!!! :LOL: :LOL:
As a BONUS this is generally 10% LESS than Eukanuba (sp?) and others.

So, did I see results??!! YOU BET! :shock: My cats eye color changed to a deeper green and the fur became much softer and didnt shed as much.

:arrow: And this will be more of a shocker..... if you want pet food that is EQUAL to Eukanuba but at about HALF the cost..... Wal-Marts own brand. I forgot the name..... I DONT think it actually says 'walmart brand' on the package. But the packaging is a silver foil bag with one solid color printing on it.

ALSO: the best resource for cats is at this link: :arrow: http://www.sedgwickcounty.org/animalcontrol/cats.htm

And for the cat owners..... dont give your cat milk. It gives them upset stomachs AND gas. :(

But Domino DEMANDS her cream - and these days she's not even satisfied with 1/2 & 1/2 - she wants CREAM!

Doesn't seem to do her any harm and she only gets about an ounce a day.

Go figure!

If My Gandmother's cat will eat Garlic flavored roast beef, I sure do not know what cat food is best.

This is Purina
Ingredients:
Ground yellow corn, poultry by-product meal, corn gluten meal, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), brewers rice, soybean meal, dicalcium phosphate, animal digest, calcium carbonate, malted barley flour, salt, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, DL-Methionine, added color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 2), manganese sulfate, manganese proteinate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, brewers dried yeast, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, copper proteinate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, Vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, Vitamin D-3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite. O-4101

This is Natural Balance
INGREDIENT LISTING
Chicken, Brown Rice, Duck, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Pearled Barley, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols-a source of Vitamin E, Citric Acid, and Rosemary Extract), Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Canola Oil, Brewers Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Dried Kelp, Salt, Parsley Flakes, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplements, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Lysine, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Inositol, Folic Acid (Vitamin B, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), D-Activated Animal Sterol (source of Vitamin D-3), Biotin, Ethylene Diamine Dihydriodide (source of Iodine), Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin K Supplement, Sodium Selenite.

Well, if you read it, its not that good. Purina uses animal digest. That itself is just horible. :x There are many other better choices. Your dog will thank you for it!! :D (he will also be healthier and look and feel better too!!!)

What would be a good choice and the price range good also? we buy a 40lb. bag of purina for 23$

One other tip...if your dog has a skin problem it could be because of the corn in the dog food. (dry skin, rash or scratches all the time)

Dairy products can cause tummy upsets and the runs.

my cats eat meow mix. they're picky about cat food.
but table food, they'll take anything.
my dog eats dad's econ o mets.
again he'll take any table food too
i know that's not good. i don't give
my cats milk except for when i eat
a bowl of ceral and disney beats me til
i give it to her which is not even a sip's worth.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
And 'no' I dont have stock in the company. :LOL:

I would also like to hear what you folks have been feeding your pets. :D

we feed ours canned 9-lives, dry friskies, and meow mix. tender vittles, too. and they all get milk several times a day, ice cream when we have it, pork rinds, yogurt, meat, etc.
they love shrimp, too.

What would be a good choice and the price range good also? we buy a 40lb. bag of purina for 23$

Walmart has GREAT cat food!! Its not as good as Dick Van Pattons stuff but its equal to Eukanuba. It comes in a foil bag. I forgot the EXACT name of it. Now for dogs I heard they also have excellent food at a great price too. ;) I looked for it on the internet but I couldnt find it. Im low on funds so Im getting the Walmart food for the cats now. ;) But if you look at the ingredients its amazing the horrible stuff they put in there. Infact some include animal endtrails. :x

Please everyone, take a look at the ingredients on you pet food! If you dont know what a certain term means just Google it. :D

Purina One:

Chicken
brewers rice
whole grain corn
poultry by-product meal
whole grain wheat
corn gluten meal
beef tallow preserved with mixed-tocopherols (source of Vitamin E)
oat meal
pea fiber
fish meal
natural flavors
dicalcium phosphate
salt
potassium chloride
brewers dried yeast
potassium citrate monohydrate
L-Lysine monohydrochloride
choline chloride
vitamin supplements (E
A
B-12
D-3)
zinc sulfate
ferrous sulfate
ascorbic acid (source of Vitamin C)
manganese sulfate
niacin
choline chloride
calcium pantothenate
riboflavin supplement
copper sulfate
biotin
garlic oil
pyridoxine hydrochloride
thiamine mononitrate
citric acid
folic acid
menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity)
calcium iodate
sodium selenite

IAMS:

Ingredients
Chicken, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Barley, Fish Meal (source of fish oil), Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Natural Chicken Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Flax Meal, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Choline Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), DL-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Rosemary Extract

Ol'Roy (walmart)

Ol'Roy-Ground yellow corn, meat and bone meal, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, animal fat (preserved with BHA and citric acid), chicken by product meal, animal digest (source of beef flavor), brewers rice, salt, caramel color calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, chlorine chloride, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, vitamin E supplement, niacin, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine monontrate, menadione sodium bisulfate complex (source of vitamin K activity), calcium iodate, vitamin D3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, cobalt carbonate, folic acid and sodium selenite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom