Train sets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm thinking of getting myself one of those teeny weeny train sets (z scale).
Growing up, I played with various train sets and my interest in them suddenly rekindled recently as I was searching through various brands and sets to get my grandson for Xmas.
As an adult during my 30's I bought a nice Bachman set specifically to go around the Xmas tree. That was a huge set, the cars were G scale. I eventually sold that set..... wish I hadn't.
Now, I've got my eyes set on a miniature starter set that I can set up on the corner of my desk. I'd like to eventually start adding scenery to it as well. Fun, fun....:)

Dear Master,
I can relate! I started with a little HO set around the Xmas tree. By the time I moved, it was on a 4 foot by 10 foot 3/4 inch plywood base on top of my pool table. I had so many wires I needed 2 50 pin connectors to handle all the wires to the switches and the blocks.
I now volunteer at a railroad society running their Lionel trains on occasion.
I also drove the Sespe logging engine, and I am conductor on the local tourist trains.
So you see, I have moved in the opposite direction to you.

Attachments

• IMG_3774.jpg
    IMG_3774.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3574.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3571.jpg
    IMG_3571.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 188
  • conductor.jpg
    conductor.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 176
Awesome, Souschef!!

A good friend of mine used to be a RR buff, spend every weekend out in Perris, Ca (in the 80's) tearing out RR ties...lol.
And speaking of RR ties I spend the last two years landscaping my back yard with over 200 ties......I should lay tracks on them... :LOL:

So I ordered a train set for my 4.5 yr old grandson. He's been playing with his wooden Thomas set for a long while so I figured it was time for him to move up a notch in train sets.
I also pulled the trigger on a tiny, Japanese made N gauge starter set for myself.... Zephyr Silver Streak commuter train.
I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about my train set....:LOL:

RF, my Sous Chef will be glad to read your news when he gets home. He's out "riding the rails" now as we speak on the local Christmas train. He walked out the door this morning :whistling and looking ever so dapper in his conductor outfit. :)

Back
Top Bottom