Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - Dinner, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
I made a pasta dish with sardines in a lemon-pepper and garlic sauce. Tomatoes, peppers, and parsley to complete it. What was on the table at your house?

20230919_173216.jpg

Convenience meal tonight. InnovAsian pork pot stickers, which, while not as good as our homemade, were quite good. I did make the dipping sauce though instead of what was in the box. Entrée was crispy honey chicken. It was pretty good too, though I'd rather have honey garlic chicken. I did cook some rice and there was a good amount of sauce.
20230919_181027.jpg

I'm reheating a regular hamburger on a bun, but I have potatoes Romanov as a side in the oven ready to come out in about 15 minutes. I added garlic and Parmesan cheese and was going to add bacon but forgot. I've never made this before so I'm hoping it will be good.

edited to add:
Meh, not bad at all, but to be honest, I think I'd rather mix up baked potato, sour cream, onion, garlic, crumbled bacon, and cheese for a twice baked potato. Potatoes Romanov is almost what that is and they're more work, too.

Last edited:
Reduced cauliflower $1/head, we made cauliflower wings (battered breaded baked) to have with stir fry sauce. It wasn't a very large cauliflower so to fill up the second half sheet pan we breaded slabs of yellow and red peppers. They were divine, very sweet, concentrated pepper flavor, moist inside the crispy crust. I ate those without a sauce. I wish I had made more of them.
Meal sized salads tonight.

I made Chef John's Italian White Bean and Sausage Stew, though I think of it as a hearty soup. I used homemade casing-less Italian sausage and I used spinach instead of kale. It was good. I served it with wholegrain bread and some Grana Padana at the table to grate onto the soup. Almost ate too much.

white bean and Italian sausage soup with spinach.jpg
White bean and Italian sausage soup with wholegrain bread and butter.jpg
White bean and Italian sausage soup with wholegrain bread.jpg

Chicken marsala...it was the 1st time I've ever made it. So many varying recipes to choose from so I just winged it and I'm so glad. I chose to not use cream or thicken the sauce with flour or cornstarch, I just let it reduce. Took more time I guess but it was fantastic.

I cooked up some supermarket "chinese" sausages. We had them with some the sesame noodles.
I have a recipe from a member of a different cooking forum for sausage that I'm going to try soon. She used them in a soup with HB egg, noodles, bok choy.

I have a recipe from a member of a different cooking forum for sausage that I'm going to try soon. She used them in a soup with HB egg, noodles, bok choy.
I used quotation marks because they are only chinese in the minds of a marketing type. It's nothing more than ground pork mixed with AH-SO Sauce and stuffed into a casing. I actually prefer the real thing, lap cheong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom