Tuesday's Dinner - 5/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
"Hot Honey" Wings, Fries, Veggie Blend..........

Wings, Hot Honey 5-24-22.jpg

I was going to make an easy supper, because we had a basket delivery and that pooped me out. Then I decided on an even easier supper. But, we will go with an even easier option. We ordered pizza.

Last edited:
here's a superducksoup easy dinner....

make rice - type of choice, method of choice, timing to suit:

(option: cut chicken, salt lightly, allow to stand 2-3 hours in fridge)

pan saute to heavy browned chunks of chicken . . . do not over cook - under cooked still pink centers is ideal.
set aside

same pan, condensed golden mushroom soup but only 1/2 can water added - you want a sauce, not a soup....
2-3 good sized dollops of sour cream.
mix thoroughly, heat to boiling, reduce heat immediately
(!!! else the sour cream will break...)

(. . .timing to suit rice cooking . . .)
add sauted chicken back to soup/sour cream mixture,
allow chicken to reheat (& cook thru) - this keeps the chicken moistest tender...

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

Grandkids not here tonight so I eat down in my dungeon. Guess I will have some store Mac'n Cheese - found a brand I absolutely adore!

Has enough for 2 servings but I have to remember to divide it first, else I eat 3/4 and that last 1/4 is a teaser, not being enough for another meal. :ermm:

Happened to look on the cover of the Mac'n Cheese. Made in the USofA, by Reser's Fine Food, Inc., Beaverton, OR.

Main St Bistro Baked Macaroni & Cheese - very good, hope you neighbours can find it in your local grocers.

They also make a Roasted Garlic Mash Potatoes and a Baked Shredded Potato Casserole. Neither of which have I tried..

Tacos for taco tuesday. Soft shell, seasoned ground beef, cheese and usual toppings. Refried beans and guacamole and chips. Rhubarb crisp with ice cream in a little while.

Summer squash slices, topped with chopped onion, garlic, parsley, dill weed, and finally breadcrumbs. Baked.
Mr bliss also had a big salad of lettuce, tomato, red beans, chopped pickles, broccoli stem and trees, topped with carrot-apple-pineapple slaw and tomato based dressing.

I had a huge cauliflower in the fridge that I needed to use. Since today was probably the last cool day before summer heat settles in, I made a pot of cheesy cauliflower soup. I had bought a mini baguette at the store when they were on sale last month; tossed it in the freezer for an occasion like today. Pulled it out, let it defrost, then wrapped it in foil and heated it in the toaster oven. Crispy outside, pillowy soft inside - yum!

It's was Bingo Night over at the community next to ours, so I picked Mom up and we met the Neighborhood Gal Pals at our local Mexican Restaurant first for dinner.

Mom ordered her usual, Chile Relleno and a shredded Beef Taco.
I had a Beef Burrito and a Pork Tamale (and a Margarita ;)).
These are smaller plates without all the "stuff" with it.

Then it was time for Bingo... no one at our table won, but that was okay, it's about the fun and comradery.

I brought along dessert for the gang and some to share with others ... my Rum Cake, MMM!

DH ran home Mom and I know she went straight to bed :LOL:

Fish sticks. leftover green salad. baked cauliflower with some oil and honey, plus herbs on top.

Back
Top Bottom