Tuesday's Tucker? 10th October 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I made a fish pie with a twist. The filling was a mixture of salmon and basa, with coconut and light Indian spices - along with cauliflower and peas. And the topping was a combination of mashed carrot and potato, with a lot of butter and some Garam Masala. Turned out very well!
Spiced fish pie.jpg

We ordered Chinese food. We shared one egg roll and one imperial roll. We also shared some beef with Chinese vegetables (They were mostly red and green bell peppers. :ermm:) and sizzling chicken (No it wasn't still sizzling when we got it.) in black bean sauce. It was all very tasty. We had it with some leftover rice pilaf.

Last edited:
Crispy Skin Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce, Fondant Potato and Garlic Silverbeet 🫠

IMG_0371.jpeg

Cook’s Notes:

The sauce doesn’t look very appealing, but it was a lovely flavour. I will probably blitz it to a purée next time.

I made a vegetable stock yesterday and used this for my fondant potatoes, and I think I might like it better than the normal chicken stock. My vegetable stock always changes though, so it might be a one off.

The salmon was incredibly fresh - it might have still been wiggling when I got it home, or maybe that was just the coffee I had been drinking 😀
I have been really keen to get to know the fishmonger in my market and have chosen to only buy from him. The reward is that he now knows me and will select very fine product for me. Not a cheap place, but worth it. I would highly recommend getting to know the people you buy from and build a rapport. I used to do this in the restaurant and it is almost second nature. You will be amazed at how much better the produce that you get suddenly becomes when you can easily converse with the people. They generally won’t steer you wrong.

Last edited:
I made medium hot peppers stuffed with Italian sausage, goat cheese, roasted garlic, parmesan cheese shreds, and fresh garden herbs. I baked them in tomato sauce and topped them with mozzarella cheese the last half an hour. Served with baguette garlic bread for dipping. Very tasty!

I made medium hot peppers stuffed with Italian sausage, goat cheese, roasted garlic, parmesan cheese shreds, and fresh garden herbs. I baked them in tomato sauce and topped them with mozzarella cheese the last half an hour. Served with baguette garlic bread for dipping. Very tasty!
I make those using bottled hot cherry peppers, without the sauce, as a cocktail nibble and then toss the leftovers into a jar of sauce on day two! 🐷🐷🐷

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom