TurDucken Lasagna?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just picked up some turkey leg and thighs... ill be making this on monday. been trying to think of what to top it with... i have a freezer bag full of duck skin left over from rendering the fat. i may grind it up and sprinkle it on the top with some gravy

All this sounds great, and have you ever gotten me thiinking.

As for the duck though, we live in the toolies (rural living) and for many years had a grocery store that did not always carry what we wanted in terms of meat.

But found the butcher there could usually order the stuff for us. And he seemed happy to do it. I guess just putting out all those pre-wrapped items or breaking down a few primal cuts left him a bit bored. Anyway we never had problems getting something relatively straight forward.

Anyway, we had good luck using that method. Good luck.

In my experience, a supermarket is also willing to order items for a customer. I have had to ask a meat manager to order duck breasts and other meats. They do it with no problem.

Supermarkets generally want you to take what's in the case. However, I firmly believe in the rule of, "If you don't see what you want, ask for it." (thanks to Julia Child). I generally will get what I ask for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom