Update and offline for awhile...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
It looks like my laptop picked up a virus a week and a half ago. I haven't been able to get it "cured" yet, and I still need to get a monitor and a keyboard for my desktop pc, so I'm effectively offline. It's going to be at least this weekend, at the earliest, and possibly Jan. or Feb. before I get the money to get a pc working again.

Christmas was great, as I got to spend the day with my kids.

Monitors and keyboards can cost quite a bit. Hope you get up and running soon. Glad to hear you had a good time with your kids on Christmas!

Allen, you may want to check with your local hospitals. Awhile back our local hospital had lots of computer equipment they had replaced and old stuff just sitting in storage. Nothing wrong with them and you might pick them up at a much better price.
Good luck.

Virus`s suck, have you tried holding down F8 (just above the 9 and the 0) while it reboots. that`ll take you to a menu, you want to select boot into DOS.

when it`s done that, type in: Scanreg.exe/restore

then it`ll show a bunch of stuff with Dates by them, select a date Before you had this Virus.

then let her rip :)

it doesn`t cure all of them, but it may allow you to limp along `till you get the "cure" sorted :)

welcome back allen, aand merry christmas and happy new year.

hey, what about a road trip. i have a dozen or so old (but still good) monitors, keyboards, cases, etc..

if you can make it here (you'll make it anywhere...sorry, couldn't resist), you're welcome to them.

i'm still waiting for deadly sushi to come pick up this mail order bride that i got for him last year.

Back
Top Bottom