Using Up Red Delicious Apples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
don't listen to alix, or you might start a war 'bug.

:ohmy: NEVER! :angel:

Glad you kept peace in the village mudbug. You are a nicer woman than I am. LOL.

Someday we will have to share stories on this site about sending our SO shopping without a detailed and specific list, I bet there are some good stories there.

Have to Admit

As much as we loved Andy M's apple squares the night I baked them, they do not improve with time.

Had another square last night, which had a very gummy mouth feel, unfortunately. So those of you considering trying this dish, make a small batch (Andy recommended and 8 x 8 pan, which is probably best) and make sure you have enough eaters to consume it all in one sitting (I made a double batch).

I will have to 'speriment with this recipe a bit to see if I can make it taste as good on Day 2.

mudbug, it's the moisture in the apples that deoes it. I tend to cook them a bit longer to get them "well done".

I am late to this party about fried apples but would someone be so kind as to give the exact recipe for frying red delicious apples. God love my bf he bought a bag of them even tho I said I didnt want them. ah well! they are almost a week old soooooo I must do something fast!. Thanks :)

Only six years late! No recipe, really--just slice your apples, peeled or not, your choice. Melt a half a stick of butter in a pan, add your apples, and gently cook til soft. Add sugar, brown sugar, or maple syrup to taste. (You won't need much if the apples are sweet.) Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little nutmeg, serve hot or cold.

bahahahahaha hey there is nothing wrong with being late to the party. especially since its my first attempt at cooking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom