Wedding cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Almamaud

Assistant Cook
hi all, does anyone know if you can double and treble a rich fruit cake recipe(original recipe for 20cm round tin) that has 5ml of baking pdr and 5ml bicarbonate of soda amongst the other ingredients. also how do i know the amounts for the tins.

I have this old favourite fruit cake recipe for a 20cm round tin but need to bake a 18cm round, a 23 or 25cm round and a 30cm round how do i work it out. its driving me crazy. :question::unsure::eek: HELP ANYONE PLEEZE !

c010.gif

That's my well thought out answer :blush:

I'm guesstimating 5 batches. Your baking times are going to be different also. The cake will be done when it stands away from the side of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Have you checked the internet for your dried fruits and nuts? It's possible that they will be cheaper if you order them.

I have quantities of batter for regular cakes to fit my wedding pans but haven't yet made a fruit one. If you are making large layers I would purchase a heater core for the centre of the pan. I find I have to use it with carrot cake and even some of my other recipes. They aren't that expensive and Wilton makes one for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom