Wednesday, 6-28, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We ate really late. Craig didn't get home until nearly 8 because of someone else's screw-up. Good thing we had something relatively simple planned. We had nicoise salad with fresh tuna. I had every thing done and ready to go other than searing tuna and slicing eggs. He's whipped and already asleep.

img_1516412_0_270ce5366f9bb5974be8fb26924f0bf8.jpg

We had bratwurst (steamed in beer, then finished off under the broiler since Himself was knee-deep in sawdust when it was time to grill them), sauerkraut, picked cukes and pickled beets, oven roasted potato wedges. I had an old Bavarian Seasoning I had picked up somewhere, a no-name-brand bulk item, that I seasoned the potatoes with. Not bad, but not Spice House or Penzeys either.

Attachments

• 20170628_220738.jpg
    20170628_220738.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 129
Dinner sounds great all round yum.
I made pasta wih fresh basil, parsley, grilled ham and onion bits, carrot, swiss chard and grated Babybel cheese. Served with homemade hotsauce. Clean out the fridge dinner.

I made a version of Rachael Ray's Chicken Satay Noodle Salad. I put Penzeys Bangkok seasoning under the skin of a chicken breast and roasted it in the toaster oven. Then I made the spicy peanut sauce, cut up the chicken and added a bunch of odds and ends from the veggie bin - shredded carrots and cucumbers and julienned bell peppers. Finished it with cilantro and peanuts. Yummy.
0628172045a_HDR.jpg

To me, the best part of meatloaf is the next day sandwich made open faced
on thick toasted TJ's brioche bread.. Had that with mustard, mayo, brown gravy.. Topped it with a sunny side up egg.. Steamed broccoli as a side, peaches and cream for dessert..

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom