Wednesday's Dinner - 6/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
a Mac ' Beef Pan Dance Tonight !

OOPS ! Pic is Laying sideways ........

Attachments

• Pan Dance 6-1-22.jpg
    Pan Dance 6-1-22.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 38
I have a ginormously thick Costco boneless Pork loin Chop that I sliced into 4 equals pieces.
I'm going to make Tonkatsu, I've already made my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi whatever) and will start a fresh pot of steamed White Rice to round out the meal.
Dessert will be Crumbl Cookies topped with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.

I've got Korean Short Ribs in the Crock Pot. And, Jasmine rice in the rice cooker ready to hit start. We'll have an Asian style salad with the meal...and I've got the ice cream machine going with a batch of French Vanilla.

It sounds like a lot of cooking for a weeknight, but I've got a lot of machines going in the kitchen today! :ROFLMAO:

Put those robots to work, Ginny!

Our supper is even easier - more from the leftover stash. I finished the Brats with sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. Himself gets Monday's dogs and sides. I bought a marked down half blueberry pie when I shopped. We'll have that with ice cream later.

I made Cubano inspired grilled cheese sandwiches. I used all the ingredients for the "guts" of the sandwiches that I found in a recipe for a Cubano. Slices of the Cuban pork roast I made last Saturday, ham, Swiss cheese, sliced pickle, mustard, and mayo. I used moderated quantities. I used sliced wholewheat miche (a rustic, round loaf of bread). I made a rice salad to go with that. It was all good, but we weren't crazy about the pickle in the sandwich, even though I used a lot less than the first time I tried this. I think I would rather have a pickle on the side.

Cubano inspired grilled cheese sandwich and rice salad.jpg

Veggie Eggrolls from cooked mung beans, red cabbage, carrots, green onion and spices and sauces.

Cowboy beans, tostito corn chips, sliced bread and butter pickles. A bit meat centric with ground beef, sliced l/o bratwurst and bacon.

I have a ginormously thick Costco boneless Pork loin Chop that I sliced into 4 equals pieces.
I'm going to make Tonkatsu, I've already made my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi whatever) and will start a fresh pot of steamed White Rice to round out the meal.
Dessert will be Crumbl Cookies topped with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.

IMG_1725.jpg

I also made my own Katsu Sauce, and not to pat my own back, but tasted WAY better than any commercially sold sauce I've ever had, period!!!

We had hamburger helper beef stroganoff with baby spinach and sour cream added and stirred in just before serving. It wasn't a good day for me, so this was an easy meal for me to make. It was good, but no picture.

Thawed and cooked a small meatloaf. Served with corn and mashed potatoes.

Ice cream with strawberries and chocolate syrup was dessert.

Ross
IMG_20220601_134618428_PORTRAIT.jpg

i've got korean short ribs in the crock pot. And, jasmine rice in the rice cooker ready to hit start. We'll have an asian style salad with the meal...and i've got the ice cream machine going with a batch of french vanilla.

It sounds like a lot of cooking for a weeknight, but i've got a lot of machines going in the kitchen today! :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6525 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom