Wednesday's Dinner is full of woe 7/31/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something with ground beef will be on the menu here. Not sure yet what it will be. I was thinking burritos/tacos but need to see if I have shells in the freezer. If not, the maybe we go Italian with spaghetti or American with meatloaf. We'll see what I feel like fixing after paying bills and cleaning the kitchen!

Might I suggest a Mexican Volcano, with the crater at the top of the meatloaf filled with enchilada sauce, and some queso-blancho cheese melted on the sides. Serve up with some refried beans and tortilla chips.

Just a thought.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks for the link. I just got home after a hard day at the deli. Ordered a pizza. Bok choy tomorrow:yum:
LCBO Food and Drink has some interesting-sounding recipes as well that can be the jumping off points for inspiration. I've c&p your tourtiere recipe to try in the fall - winter, BTW, and mine will include garlic :).

Grilled london broil, blackened catfish, and stuffed zucchini.

For the zucchini here is what I'm trying. What do you all think?

Slice zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Roast until just tender. Top with a small amount of cheese (I have gouda and gruyere on hand, which one?). Then top with risotto. Return to oven until browned on top.

Grilled london broil, blackened catfish, and stuffed zucchini.

For the zucchini here is what I'm trying. What do you all think?

Slice zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Roast until just tender. Top with a small amount of cheese (I have gouda and gruyere on hand, which one?). Then top with risotto. Return to oven until browned on top.

Sounds good. You could also bake with a marinara. A friend's restaurant makes zucchini boats, very popular. He puts a piece of cream cheese in the hollowed-out squash, then tops with marinara and bakes in a small dish. He doesn't pre-roast them.

Last edited:
While we were eating dinner Kathleen asked me how much sugar I put in the tomato sauce. The answer was none. I am not sure I have had tomatoes so sweet.

I have a surprise Roma in my tomatoes. I never bought it, and the tag says it SHOULD be a sweet 1 million cherry tomato. It sure looks like a roma to me though. Hope mine are as sweet as yours Frank. With surprise tomatoes, you never know.

I have a surprise Roma in my tomatoes. I never bought it, and the tag says it SHOULD be a sweet 1 million cherry tomato. It sure looks like a roma to me though. Hope mine are as sweet as yours Frank. With surprise tomatoes, you never know.

Mom had surprise carnations once...they came up kohlrabi.:ROFLMAO: She had planted them in a planter that was attached to the house. The same planter she had allowed me to plant Indian corn in one year! Great landscapers we are.:rolleyes:

Mom had surprise carnations once...they came up kohlrabi.:ROFLMAO: She had planted them in a planter that was attached to the house. The same planter she had allowed me to plant Indian corn in one year! Great landscapers we are.:rolleyes:

:LOL:

We have a friend who has large vegetable gardens on her farm, she gives us bags of "mystery" peppers that have cross-polinated. You never know what you'll get, maybe hot, maybe mild, maybe will blow your head off. I usually freeze them, and we get surprises all year long!

:LOL:

We have a friend who has large vegetable gardens on her farm, she gives us bags of "mystery" peppers that have cross-polinated. You never know what you'll get, maybe hot, maybe mild, maybe will blow your head off. I usually freeze them, and we get surprises all year long!

Hot and mild would be okay, it's the blow your head off ones I can't handle. I can't eat really hot stuff since chemo.:w00t2:

Hot and mild would be okay, it's the blow your head off ones I can't handle. I can't eat really hot stuff since chemo.:w00t2:

I do try a nibble, if I'm scraping the top of my head off the ceiling, they go in the compost. I don't handle pain well either.

Roast chicken stuffed with store mix augmented with butter sauteed celery and onions, nuked frozen green beans, twice baked potato. Good enough to get me to this tired state (after 10 p.m.) that I think I should call it a night.

Kylie should probably be posting tomorrow's topic... :)

Mom bought a "flower carpet" one year that, via photo, promised a lovely 20' bed of assorted flowers. Only one kind came up. The kind that came up year after year after year no matter WHAT you did to get rid of the seeds!

That burger sounds great, LP. Especially with the goat cheese and bacon.

Guinness wings? Guinness in the BBQ sauce?

I had three pepperoni balls...

One time I bought some bok choy. Was going to put it in for a smoked shoulder New England Boiled Dinner. Instead I used to for cole slaw with the KFC recipe. I sat and kept eating it. Couldn't bring myself to stop. I paid for that bit of foolishness later. :angel:

One time I bought some bok choy. Was going to put it in for a smoked shoulder New England Boiled Dinner. Instead I used to for cole slaw with the KFC recipe. I sat and kept eating it. Couldn't bring myself to stop. I paid for that bit of foolishness later. :angel:

I love KFC style col slaw. It's the only one I make.:yum: I really have to branch out. I just have to be very careful as DW is very picky.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom