What are you eating on Thursday 2022 March 31?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Tonight for supper I made an old standby, "bachelor surprise". It has changed over the years, since I first invented the recipe in the late 1970s. Tonight there was another change. I added a homemade stir fry sauce. I'll tweak the sauce, but it was good, especially once we added more tamari. We both ate too much. I served it over brown basmati rice.

Bachelor surprise on brown basmati rice.gifBachelor surprise on brown basmati rice again.gif

What are you having?

Last edited:
Well what do you know, the neverending ham does end. We finished it tonight as one of the ingredients for smothered baked potatoes. Lots of broccoli made it healthier and shredded Cojack cheese made it yummier. A dollop of house brand sour cream - because you can't tell it's Daisy with all the other ingredients.

IMG_20220331_203610104_HDR.jpg

Tonight DH made a recipe he has been wanting for quite a while. "Creamy Three-Meat Ragu with Burrata & Pappardelle". A Rachael Ray recipe from Oct. 2018. We both thought it was very good.

We had individual pot pies, innards from l/o beef stew, top crust only, from prepared pie crust. Green salad with bottled caesar dressing. For dessert, lemon cookies via grand-daughter's girl scout troop. A very easy yet tasty dinner.

Back
Top Bottom