What are you eating Saturday August 14, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Thin sliced chicken breast (dredged in seasoned flour with lemon zest added and fried in butter), garlic and parsley potatoes, garlic and lemon string bean salad and lemon pan gravy.

lemon_chicken_garlic_potatoes_081421_IMG_8432.jpg

I had a bowl of that pasta salad for breakfast, and another bowl later today, but I had an omelet for dinner (even though I could have eaten another bowl of the pasta!). I got the idea while in the garden, getting the weeds out of my herb bed. I made an omelette de fines herbes, one of my favorites,
and simplest. And all the fresh ingredients were right there, except for the eggs.

Linner with my Neighbor Girlies today.
They wanted to try the Asian place that I had
raved about

IMG_0775.jpg
Thai Wok Basil Chicken, not that spicy

IMG_0776.jpg
Pork Dim Sum for the table

IMG_0777.jpg
Teriyaki Chicken Bento Box, which includes Miso Soup and a Salad.

I missed a photo of the General Tso's Chicken, but it was all good!

The Gals just loved that Japanese-Style Salad Dressing,
they'd never had that before.
so I promised them each a small jar ... I have a great recipe for it. :chef:

slow-braised thick pork steak with carrots, onions, cottage cheese, and olives. Completed with a glass of ice cold rice milk. The pan juices were nade into a glaze and spooned over top of the plated pork steak.

Desert was in the form of refreshment, a few hours later - home made lemonade in a glass filled with ice. Not too much sugar. it was very refreshing, but not enough.:ohmy::LOL:

Except for the lemonade, it turns out that this is a regular British Sunday Dinner.

Seeeeys; Chief Longwind of the North.

Attachments

• pork steakon a plate.jpg
    pork steakon a plate.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 46
  • pork steak glazed 2.jpg
    pork steak glazed 2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 56
  • pork steak veggies 2.jpg
    pork steak veggies 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 58
Peanut butter sandwich and cucumber sticks - it was hotter than blue blazes here Saturday night and I just DIDN'T feel like cooking.

Peanut butter sandwich and cucumber sticks - it was hotter than blue blazes here Saturday night and I just DIDN'T feel like cooking.

There is nothing wrong with a good nut-butter sandwich, though I always put fruit preserves, jam, jelly, apple butter, or honey in the sandwich as well. For lunch on Saturday, it was sour dough bread, sliced like sandwich bread, 2 slices of bologna, and mayo. I hadn't had a bologna sandwich in so long, I'd forgotten how good tasting such a simple sammy can taste.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom