What's on your plate, Saturday, September 2, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Fried calamari, red & yellow potato salad, string bean salad, spring mix, kalamata & green olives, multicolored cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese, Caesar dressing. Lemon wedges and tomato sauce on the side.

fried_calamari_090223_IMG_1512.jpg

Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking. One of the quick meal solutions I've discovered is Patak's cooking sauces. I've tried 3 different dishes in the past several months and they are consistently good. SO, who is not a great lover of Indian based dishes, has liked them all.

Tonight we had butter chicken over basmati rice.

For dinner: 22 oz. bag of frozen meatballs, Simek brand, homestyle, simmered in a sauce made with a can of bourbon BBQ Manwich and a box of Ragu double cheddar sauce. This mixed with a pound of pasta.

All right, it doesn't sound impressive. But it tasted really, really good. And it was quick, less than an hour and 20 minutes.

And for overnight, I made a rice salad: jalapeno Spam, habanero jack cheese, buffalo wing jack cheese, tomatoes, green onions mixed in with long grain white rice cooked with roasted garlic Better Than Bouillon. Salad dressing of ranch mixed with tzatziki dressing.

Pan Fried Chicken Schnitzel with Potato Daphinoise, Sautéed Spinach and Mushrooms. 🫠

IMG_0290.jpeg

Cook’s Notes:
Both of us agreed that it was all beautifully tasty, but my portion size was way too large here.

Each element was quite rich and the dish overall would have benefited from some much lighter elements, such as the sauce.

Pan Fried Chicken Schnitzel with Potato Daphinoise, Sautéed Spinach and Mushrooms. 🫠

View attachment 65830

Cook’s Notes:
Both of us agreed that it was all beautifully tasty, but my portion size was way too large here.

Each element was quite rich and the dish overall would have benefited from some much lighter elements, such as the sauce.
“Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.“
-
Mae West 😉🤭

We went to my nephew's and niece-in-law's gender reveal party/baby shower. It's a boy! 😁 Her parents had a great spread: fried chicken, meatballs, mac and cheese, potato salad, broccoli salad, chicken salad, cupcakes and a wedding-like cake. These events are pretty elaborate these days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom