What are you eating Sunday August 16, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I went food shopping this morning.

We had rotisserie chicken, potato salad (I didn't have any of that) and watermelon for brunch.

As of now dinner will be homemade "Italian" meatball burgers simmered in homemade tomato sauce, buttered jasmine rice and steamed frozen cut green beans. I picked up Grapefruit beer and Watermelon (Wuddermelon)beer.
ShopRite sells half cakes so Chocolate cake for dessert.

wuddermelon_beer.jpg

I rescued some turkey parts from last Thanksgiving's parts turkey. We have a breast and two thighs. Both are boneless with skin. I'll pan roast and serve them along with some gravy, stuffing and roasted butternut squash.

We had sautéed, marinated pork loin chops, potato salad, and a salad of leaves with ranchoid dressing. There may have been some white wine from a box. I made a sauce for the chops by pouring the marinade into the skillet I fried the chops in and bringing it to a boil and then swirling in some butter. Oh boy, that whole meal was delicious.

Last edited:
Dinner was homemade "Italian" meatball burgers simmered in homemade tomato sauce, buttered jasmine rice and steamed frozen green beans. To full at the moment. Chocolate cake for dessert later … maybe.

meatball_burger_rice_beans_081620_IMG_7083.jpg

I rescued some turkey parts from last Thanksgiving's parts turkey. We have a breast and two thighs. Both are boneless with skin. I'll pan roast and serve them along with some gravy, stuffing and roasted butternut squash.

...and the picture to prove it happened.

Attachments

• 4C8DAB81-BFD9-404B-BE4F-063D13592C0B_1_105_c.jpg
    4C8DAB81-BFD9-404B-BE4F-063D13592C0B_1_105_c.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 83
Decided to cook out despite the rain. Grilled herb pork chops, grilled corn, and brussels sprouts slaw.
20200816_200832.jpg

A goodly amount of these meals are looking rather autumnal...

Price Chopper had value packs of pork chops for 99¢ a pound. A great deal even though I know two of those chops will be just OK, two will be middling, and two might be nice enough to use for breaded chops. Turns out two were not bad, two were nicer, and two were perfect to bread. Paired them up with fresh green beans and sour cream-chive mashed potatoes. I also have sliced strawberries puddling up in a bowl for angel food cake shortcakes later.

IMG_20200816_205344773_HDR.jpg

Yesterday I made a Cuban style pork butt to be broken down for several future meals. I marinated it in a mojo of fresh squeezed sour orange juice, garlic, cumin and salt. Before I added all the juice, I made a paste. I went ballistic with a pairing knife, making holes in the butt (40 or 50), then stuffing the holes with the paste. Placed the butt in a 2 gallon bag with some onions and the rest of the juice. Marinated over night and roasted in the oven at 350F. Some will be sliced and served with black beans, rice, maduros and maybe yuca con mojo. Some will be used to make Cuban sandwiches or Media Noches.

We actually had hotdogs steamed in beer for dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom