What do your kids eat for lunch at school?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

primus diddy

Assistant Cook
I personally haven't been able to touch school food for years. I've spent many hungry afternoons for this. When I was younger I took bagged lunch to school (usually like a sandwich, drink, and a pre-packaged snack). Not anymore, I draw the line at Little Debbie snacks and luke warm smooshed sandwiches.

Now, I've begun a journey. Making my own lunches for school. This week it's fettuccine alfredo and berry crisp (blueberry and raspberry).

What do your kids eat? Or if you're a kid, what do you eat?

Luckily i live so close to my highschool so i just walk home and cook myself food :)

Today i made an ommelette for my lunch.

BUT! before i moved here, i use to take left overs from dinner (usually a rice and meat cuisine) and snuck in to the cooking classrooms and zapped it in the microwave :)

one suggestion... get a couple of those disposable tupperware and store sandwich ingredients seperately, then assemble in school... the lettuce and tomato in one, bread in another, and lunchmeat in another, with some ketchup or mayo individual packs - you can then avoid the smooshed sandwiches but instead have some top quality preparations

i'm 25 & well away from those days. we had an excellent lunch program & i'm so skinny our lunchladies would give me snacks, tee-hee.

Back
Top Bottom