What have you always wanted to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mahalo for the link, Mish. I will be entering to win a seat on the red carpet bleachers tomorrow. Cross you fingers for me........wasabi

wasabi said:
I really want to attend the Academy Awards. I want to see how the "A" list looks like up front and personal.
I don't know if he still does it, but my cousin Dan used to be a "filler" at various awards shows, including the Academy Awards and Emmys. He didn't get paid, but he got to meet a lot of stars. For those who don't know (I didn't until he started doing it) fillers sit in the celebrities seats when they leave their seats for a restroom or cigarette break (empty seats look bad on camera). They are not allowed to speak to the celebrities unless they are spoken to first. Many of them do talk to the fillers, and Dan has met a lot of them. I can't remember who right now!

:) Barbara

Raven said:
I've always wanted to see the ocean.

I would love to see for myself if you really can "Smell" the ocean, and dream of someday just sitting on the beach and watching the sun go down.

I've never had the chance to go and now my health won't allow me to travel that far anymore.

~ Raven ~

Oh Raven, I wish, I wish I could send you the beach in a bottle. Yes you can smell the ocean and sitting on the sand watching the sun go down is a beautiful sight. The next time I go to the beach, I will think of you......wasabi

Raven said:
I've always wanted to see the ocean.

I would love to see for myself if you really can "Smell" the ocean, and dream of someday just sitting on the beach and watching the sun go down.

I've never had the chance to go and now my health won't allow me to travel that far anymore.

~ Raven ~

Hi Raven, I would like to share a little bit of a beautiful ocean with you... I am sorry I can't send you the smell and the sound of the waves as well... But look at the pics and then close your eyes and let your imagination fly... then you can be anywhere you wish to be!!:)

http://community.webshots.com/album/455347567lsmSvd/0

(the children in these pics are Guido and Lucilla, the kids of my sweetheart Cristiano!)

Last edited:
SizzlininIN said:
Things I really want to do and will..........

-See the Ocean and walk on the beach
-Take a train ride through some beautiful countryside in the fall

North Carolina is very beautiful in the fall..and the Ocean is breathtaking on either Coast.
Growing up in San Diego Ca. I guess I took the Ocean for granted..now that I am inland I really miss it.
Marge

Last edited:
I'm so sad, but then happy, that a couple of you said see the ocean, walk on the beach. Sad, because you've not done it. Happy, because it's a fairly easily realized dream. I'm fortunate to have seen both oceans from both sides (and in one case, the middle). But large though our country is, it is only a 2-3 day drive away. If you believe it will happen, and want it, this one can be done.

mudbug: Love your answers! I, too, dream of the Orient Express. I have a couple of friends who have taken the train ride that comes out of Williams, AZ and goes into the Grand Canyon. If you like wine, there's the Napa Wine Train, which I can vouch for when it comes to beauty, elegance, and great wine and food.

I WILL take that balloon ride ... mine is a tourist town that has balloon rides regularly. Just haven't gotten quite the nerve up to do it yet. I hate being suspended, and fear heights. Still want to do it.

There is only one thing on my list that I really want. I would like to go to Vancouver, B. C. during it's most beautiful season. I've wanted to do this for years and had talked to some of my friends who went after I had talked to them about it. I've been to Europe, spent a good bit of time at the beach, rode trains from one country to another, rode the ferry from Calais, France to Dover, England, been quite a few places on planes, trains, cars. It has never been convenient to go to BC. I suppose I will have to make a special effort to accomplish that.Hope I can before I get too old. I'm too scared to go up in a balloon, but have been to pretty high mountains and the Eiffel Tower. I've been blessed to be able to do many of the things I wanted and perhaps my one wish can be realized in the future.

I guess mine would be to travel. I want to go to as many places as I can both exotic and not. I want to see every state in the USA. I want to go to every continent. I want to see as many places as I possibly can.

I would also like to take a long trip on a sailboat. Maybe 6 months to a year.

wasabi said:
Mahalo for the link, Mish. I will be entering to win a seat on the red carpet bleachers tomorrow. Cross you fingers for me........wasabi

You're welcome, Wasabi. Crossing my fingers & toes for you. Let us know if you win, so we can look for you on TV. (Guessing Mahalo means Thank you. Wow my first new Hawaiian word. I'll see if I can look up the pronunciation. Thank you.)

:cool: Originally Posted by kadesma
Maidrite,
1-You have
2-You are
3-If you are able, go for it!
4-You Aren't?:LOL:
5-What would you do?
6-You do that already, you don't need money!

And I hope you continue making the wonderful difference that you do!!

I've always wanted to :angel: be a Philanthropist (sp?) but I don't have enough money. Wanted to be Santa's assistant but the job was taken. But I DO think that I may just be Pollyanna's clone (No - can't be - I'm not a blonde) or long lost twin!!!! But really, I have always wanted to:

A) Write a book (actually working on one)
2) Be a Mom (Accomplished! And get to work on it Daily! )
3) Record an album (Hmmmmm.....)
4) Build my sustainable home and gardens
5) Make sure that EVERYONE I talk to feels that they are valued, loved and important.
6) Learn how to play the Congos
7) Portage at least four lakes in as many weeks
8) Work with, encourage and make a difference for children, not just in Third World Countries, but Where Ever they need the support.
9) Become a better person
10)how to do stained glass, quilt, and (really!) build a windmill!

Every day is such a gift and what you do with it is your git=ft back!:)

- going to New england for Indian Summer
- diving with whales
- go back to the baltic sea and buy a house there

I love the baltic sea with all the nature around.. :wub:

urmaniac13 said:
I would like Valentino Rossi to give me a ride around on his motorcycle....

Totally with you on this one, urmaniac

also

Dine at the resturant at the top of the Empire State Building,

Visit the Pyramids.

Have the talent and confidence to be a concert pianist.

Be a world renowned Astronomer and discover new planets and stars.

Walk on the moon.

oh well, it's nice to dream :ermm:

Mish..just sound it out like it is spelled..Yes it does mean thank you.

I would like to go for a Baloon ride..You can't get me to climb a ladder though..I will fly in a plane rather than ride in a car for a long trip. een there, done that..too many times. We have een in all ut 6 states in our travels. The most upper North East of the USA. Would love to see New England in the Fall. Have touched down in Alaska, Japan on the way to Korea and we did go to Vancover C. AND lets not forget the beautiful Island of Ohau, Hawaii. My only regret was I did not know Wasabi then.
Dove

Hey, cyber, it looks to me like you already have the perfect mouse trap. Last year I walked in on my 11-year-old, thinks she's a puppy, JR terrier, and she growled at me. Huh? I started to punish her (bad dog, bad dog. Not much punishment here), and noticed that she was guarding something. It was a mouse the size of my thumb. She was SO proud of herself. I personally think she tried to make friends with it, and it looked up at her and had a heart attack. When I lived in the south and in Hawaii, I'd seen many cockroaches larger than that mouse. But give me a housepet that will hunt any day over setting traps and disposing of the trapped bodies.

SizzlininIN said:
Things I really want to do and will..........

-See the Ocean and walk on the beach
-Take a train ride through some beautiful countryside in the fall

I highly recommend Maine in the summer (specifically old orchard beach ) where there is 7 miles of sandy beaches to lay out and get a tan, or walk along the piers, party, shop, arcardes, etc. In the fall you can take a train ride to see foliage in various parts of Maine depending on the time of year.

I am not a scrooge....in fact Christmas used to be my favorite holiday....and I loved buying presents or everyone! But...if I could change anything now...it would be to break this tradition of presents....and get back to just "getting together to eat...and talk". I've seen so much stress over "what to get someone"..."how long will it take to pay for xmas this year"....and all those who can't afford to do Christmas....that it breaks my heart. However....I'm sure I won't see this in my lifetime...as I can't get my own family to give it up...let alone everyone else.

Claire said:
There are a few things that I really, really want to do:
Ride in a hot air balloon (I'm terrified of heights, so this is a challenge)
White water rafting
One last trail ride, preferably down the Grand Canyon on a mule (I've done it down Kaulapapa, and it was pretty scary).

Keep realism in your answers ... things that you are actually likely to do.

I like this topic Claire! I've always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon as well, but the height is a little scary! But hey a bottle of champagne and some sun would be nice as long as the wind is not a challenge. I would want a parachute with me though:mrgreen:

I guess the only other thing I would want to try is diving out of an airplane with a partner. It would take alot of nerve for me to do that though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom