What have you eaten Wednesday October 9, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Niçoise Salad for dinner

salad_nicoise_100919_IMG_6323.jpg

Huevos rancheros with Mayan cacao nib spice mix. Black beans at 12 o'clock, then clockwise poached egg, avocado, chorizo. Queso fresco in the middle. Cilantro and the spice mix on top. Craig had pickled jalapenos as well. It was spicy enough for me as is. Bottom was homemade corn tortillas and a red sauce.

Attachments

• 2019-10-09 19.07.54.jpg
    2019-10-09 19.07.54.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 84
Huevos rancheros with Mayan cacao nib spice mix. Black beans at 12 o'clock, then clockwise poached egg, avocado, chorizo. Queso fresco in the middle. Cilantro and the spice mix on top. Craig had pickled jalapenos as well. It was spicy enough for me as is. Bottom was homemade corn tortillas and a red sauce.
Yum, I love huevos rancheros. Mayan cacao nib spice mix? Sounds interesting. Did you buy it or make it? What else is in it?

Yum, I love huevos rancheros. Mayan cacao nib spice mix? Sounds interesting. Did you buy it or make it? What else is in it?

Craig made it for another dish. I'll have to find the recipe.

And, I haven't forgotten about porchetta recipe, just been busy.

I've spoiled him for other huevos rancheros now. He loved this, so I'm going to have to write it up because the sauce was a made up.

Good lookin' dinners! Mmmm....Karen...huevos rancheros is one of my faves. :yum:

I was planning on making up a small batch of cheese enchiladas with a side of doctored up refried beans, but it's been SO windy today and has had me kind of on edge. Besides, my avocado is not quite ripe enough, so hopefully that will all come together tomorrow. I ended up going easy with a bowl of Progresso Clam Chowder and a grilled cheese sandwich. :)

You're right about good looking meals, Cheryl. Really love the look of your Nicoise salad, msm!

We had salads and leftover enchilada pie. The salads were romaine and arugula with fresh corn off the cob, black beans, tomatoes, and queso fresco. I dolled up the enchiladas this time; topped them with picante sauce, black olives, fresh tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream... green onions on his and avocado on mine. So much better than plain!
IMG_20191009_200902786.jpgIMG_20191009_203315955.jpg

I made a one dish meal, using an onion, 7 cloves garlic (4 went into a quick lb of chorizo I made), the 7 smallest poblanos I had, and about 3 c of diced tomatoes. This was all added to 1 1/2 c brown rice, and I used 1/4c white wine, for some of the liquid. Some oregano, coriander, and cumin in the meat, and the rice. Topped with a little cilantro. Turned out good, and not at all hot.

You're right about good looking meals, Cheryl. Really love the look of your Nicoise salad, msm!

We had salads and leftover enchilada pie. The salads were romaine and arugula with fresh corn off the cob, black beans, tomatoes, and queso fresco. I dolled up the enchiladas this time; topped them with picante sauce, black olives, fresh tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream... green onions on his and avocado on mine. So much better than plain!
View attachment 36975View attachment 36976

Looks and sounds great, CG! I also love 'enhanced' enchiladas, with the same ingredients you mentioned. The only thing I'm missing is the sour cream...just might go out and get some tomorrow for my enchilada dinner tomorrow. :) Now I'm craving it even more...lol

:LOL: Cheryl mentioned the sour cream, not me. I agree though, I most always use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. ;)

Everybody had such great sounding and looking dinners tonight!

We had prime rib with all the fixin's at our little airport cafe tonight, since it's always the special on Wed. and you better get there early before they sell out. We also shared a big bowl of berry cobbler with ice cream. Ohhh baby....

I think I mentioned my God Daughter owns the place, and it really tickles me to see what a great little business she has. :wub:

Craig made it for another dish. I'll have to find the recipe.

And, I haven't forgotten about porchetta recipe, just been busy.

I've spoiled him for other huevos rancheros now. He loved this, so I'm going to have to write it up because the sauce was a made up.

Can't wait to see your recipes.

Have you posted your corn tortillas recipe?

View attachment 36975View attachment 36976

Thank you everyone. I like your cobb as well CG. Will probably make one soon as I can get nice avocados.

Have you posted your corn tortillas recipe?

I used the dry masa that I use to make tamales and used the recipe on the package this time so it might be different depending on whether you are using that particular brand, another brand of masa or even fine corn meal/flour. It's just the ground corn, water and a little bit of salt if desired. Pretty much any recipe can be used as long as you are using the type of ground corn called for in the recipe. They are really simple to make, especially if you have a tortilla press. Just make sure you use a split plastic bag to put the dough ball in before pressing so you can peel the tortilla off easily to cook.

Back
Top Bottom