What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was out at Costco...they have a new snacky food called Somersaults - sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and sea salt - they look like dog kibble, but boy are they tasty. Satisfies the need for salt and crunch. They are not gluten free.

Greek yogurt with some granola my brother in law made. It had cashews, slivered almonds, coconut, dried cherries, dried cranberries, oats... not sure what else but it was tasty

That sounds really good middie! I just had a PB&J sammie. I sliced the whole-grain cranberry pecan bread really thin since it's pretty sturdy, then a light coating of PB on one and mixed berry preserves on the other. Had major munchies tonight since I had a light supper.

It's actually a whole-grain bread, but it has cranberries and pecans mixed in. It's pretty hearty, not anything like a breakfast bread ala banana nut bread. It's really good for turkey sandwiches!

IF I think of it later (warning: memory is not so good) I'll see if I can find a recipe online. I know I have one or two clippings with recipes that sound like they might work, but danged if I know which pile or folder that recipe might be in. One of the things on my Bucket list is to organize my recipes...

I'm also getting another loaf when I shop later. I'll have the ingredients list right there, so maybe I can find a recipe online...if you're so inclined to bake a yeast bread from scratch. ;)

We will be having the late dinner. I made the snack from the celery and the blue cheese dressing.

Your friend,
~Cat

Finally got around to making some Balela Salad today. Just half the recipe though - I'm not feeding the two kids or a football team. Anyway, not a fan of mint so I almost-doubled the parley. Oh My, was this GOOD! The only other time I had it was a small tub purchased at Trader Joe's, but the homemade was even better. :yum:

Finally got around to making some Balela Salad today. Just half the recipe though - I'm not feeding the two kids or a football team. Anyway, not a fan of mint so I almost-doubled the parley. Oh My, was this GOOD! The only other time I had it was a small tub purchased at Trader Joe's, but the homemade was even better. :yum:
That does look tasty. I'm not a fan of most beans, but I do like garbanzo beans and black beans. I don't like mint either, but I have found that in something like this, it adds a nice note, without tasting minty.

Last edited:
I tend not to nibble between meals if I'm eating properly so my lunch is usually a substantial kind of snack.

Today I missed breakfast and I decided I fancied bacon and scrambled egg on toast for lunch. Bacon and egg underway when I realised I'm out of bread so I heated up a seeded deli wrap and used that. Really yummy. Might do it again when I haven't run out of bread.

Well I enjoy my snacks but the last one I had was during my trip to Ireland at the deli at my local supermarket. Delicious sandwich and a sign of getting lazy. But hey, when you're on the go, there's nothing better than deli, right? Apparently the deli scene is only going to get bigger - a nice way to snack: • U.S. Deli Foods - Statistics & Facts | Statista

...Today I missed breakfast and I decided I fancied bacon and scrambled egg on toast for lunch. Bacon and egg underway when I realised I'm out of bread so I heated up a seeded deli wrap and used that. Really yummy. Might do it again when I haven't run out of bread.
One of our favorite grab-and-go breakfasts is egg with either ham/sausage/bacon plus cheese, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. I'd make them in bulk (about a half dozen or so at once) so whoever needed to get out of the house quick had something to eat. Hmm, now I want one and I have no ham or sausage ready. You have me making food plans. ;)

Potato chips. Spike bought a big bag. All I wanted was an individual bag. But it is the only brand I really like. Wise Potato Chips. Some are cooked more than others, some even a little burnt. Lots of flavor. Hard to stop picking at them. Oh heck, I am going back for more. :angel:

Stopped at Trader Joe's today. Don't know about you, but it seems like every time we're there something new hops into our basket. :ermm: This time it was something that looks seasonal: Pita Crisps with Cranberries & Pumpkin Seeds. Uh-oh, another new vice!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom