What to do with leftover flour from fried chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

I was wondering what to do with the left over flour from coating the chicken for friend chicken. I'm not sure if putting it back with the new unused flour or throwing it out or just putting it some where for later use again.

What do you do with the used flour?

Hello,

I was wondering what to do with the left over flour from coating the chicken for friend chicken. I'm not sure if putting it back with the new unused flour or throwing it out or just putting it some where for later use again.

What do you do with the used flour?

Throw it out!!! Too many bad things in there and nothing good.

You absolutely must throw it out. It is very dangerous to put it back in with the fresh and try to use it again. Trash it!

if i will be making more fried chicken the next day i put my seasoned used chicken flour in the freezer and ONLY use it to coat more chicken for frying.

Thanks Everyone!

Now i know to use less flour when doing fried chicken :(

:chef:I use it to thicken the chicken gravy. You have to put it through a strainer because there will be lumps from breading the chicken. The balance throw away, it is not safe to keep. If you have a great deal of flour left, maybe you are being too generous with the amount you start with.
[FONT=&quot]Bonnie Royster, GSD[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Pour up all but 2 or 3 Tbls. of the oil....Toss in some of the flour and brown it....Add water, milk or some of both to make a flavorful gravy for mashed potatoes, or rice. Also good on biscuits.....Otherwise... Dispose of it along with all other Hazardous Materials.....

Pour up all but 2 or 3 Tbls. of the oil....Toss in some of the flour and brown it....Add water, milk or some of both to make a flavorful gravy for mashed potatoes, or rice. Also good on biscuits.....Otherwise... Dispose of it along with all other Hazardous Materials.....

I agree completely.

My grandma used to save the sack of flour she shook her chicken up in. Back then, they had pantries, and it was summertime, and her pantry started stinking something awful. Come to find out, she'd left a chicken liver in the flour sack.
After that, she started throwing away the left over flour once she made the gravy.

If it is seasoned flour left over from coating chicken, I would use it up to make a lovely savoury pancake to go with the chicken. If you don'tfeel like eating it then, heat it up the next morning for a good hearty breakfast. You can also add in some chopped spring onions and chopped chilis to the pancake batter. If you like you can add in a little baking powder, make the batter thicker to get a thicker pancake.

Back
Top Bottom